Gad tornnado warning here????????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gad tornnado warning here????????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Its thundering all after noon suddenly TV is warning today. Last one I seen was in Portland in the seventy's I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

I saw one near Eugene in 1989. No, wait, that was a Toronado!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

The climate change we are all witnessing is going to continue to bring about unprecedented weather all over the globe. And much of the "status quo" weather is going to be far more intense.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Tornados are real!

Other than that we are dealing with scare tactics from the uninformed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

A cow and spike elk were out my front door a short time past the rain was coming down hard. That seems about it for the warning I was able to pick up items not to be wet. Camera battery was dead-----no picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

What unprecedented weather?

BTW, tornado warning lifted...

I long for the good old days when scientists predicted we were headed into an imminent ice age. And that thing by the intelligentsia about mass starvation and population crashing by 1980...well, not so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

To days paper said a plane landing forty miles south hit two elk killing both. Both occupants in the plane were not hurt. Plane is a total loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

As far as sea level rise due to global warming, I mean climate change, USN has been measuring that for 150 years. Most places throughout the globe have shown between 0 feet, and a whopping 1 foot rise per century. A few places have gone down. A few, up a little more than that, but not by much. Hardly worrisome much less catastrophic or worth me converting to a subsistence lifestyle and paying more taxes. With USN measuring around the globe and data being crunched by NOAA, I'm pretty sure it's accurate data.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

Paul

now THAT might be unprecedented.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Glad we got out of there! We were up there a week ago and had a lot of smoke. Maybe the tornado will take the smoke away.

Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

About all we have around here is daylight followed by dark!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:10 pm:

Come on Bud! It was cloudy today and sprinkled this morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

I hate tornados because they pop up unexpectedly and if one is nearby you are a sitting duck. Last year one hit the Dodge dealership about 30 miles from me, there were Dodges and parts of the building scattered everywhere. There seem to be a lot more now than say 20 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

Since I've moved to New Orleans, I've seen or heard five tornadoes or funnel clouds. One time at Habitat for Humanity, I was up on a ladder framing a house and a cold breeze blew debris all around me. Two minutes later I noticed a low cloud spinning, going away from me at a distance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:22 pm:

Wind and rain are expected here normally not over 50 MPH usually just before or after Thanks Giving. Seldom see snow or temperatures below 20 F usually 30--to 40 is an average winter day.
The real worry is a tsunami from a plate shift off the coast. Building codes changed in about 1990 from zone one to zone three what that means is more hold downs and lateral support for a shaking 9 earth quake. I have seen the proof with excavations uncovering layers they have been able to date with obvious human habitation between the layers. The Indians survived! so have the elk!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

Dallas,We are so dry folks have started to run soybeans and some corn is too dry to chop!I hope we get to ship your mamma next year!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Today's Doppler Radar units are much more sensitive; better able to detect wind rotations and 'cell' formations than the 'spotters' of even ten years ago. They can even count the lightning strikes. We had a 'super cell tornado' go through north of us this summer. 'One' was actually 'nine' different tornadoes! AccuWeather has a very good interactive radar screen which you can follow. Be aware.
Also: Recognize the difference between a 'tornado WATCH' (conditions are favorable for possible tornado forming); and a 'tornado WARNING'; (an actual sighting or it's been detected by Doppler Radar.)
Bottom line? Be safe!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 06:54 am:

Marv has hit it on the head! DOPPLER RADAR has enabled more accurate forecasting and more RECOGNITION of airborne tornados in our time. More people and more record keeping in our time. Seems like more storms nowadays, probably not. I'm personally not convinced of man-made global climate change. A natural cycle of +1-1 degree over 10,000 years is driving our ''climate change''. RESPECTFUL OPINION-NOT POSTING FOR DEBATE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 06:54 am:

Looking forward to it Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 08:45 am:

I've noticed around here, part of the year it gets warmer and then part of the year it gets colder. When I was at the beach, I noticed the water levels rose twice a day and then they went down twice a day. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

I've noticed around here that these days the frost doesnt go as deep, comes out sooner and our boreal pines and spruce are dying off and being replaced by warmer weather dedicious species like poplar and scrub oaks.
The migratory birds seem to leave later (if at all) and come back sooner too.

My "T" power unit even starts easier in January these days!

RESPECTFUL OBSERVATION- NOT OPINION

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Doug
I noticed global warming last spring but it seems to be going away now!

This has to be an example of climate change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

Every year about this time my trees loose their leaves and in a few months they grow back.We used to call climate change "seasons"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

Well all I know is I just saw the latest weather report says Puerto Rico will be hit tonight/tomorrow with the worst hurricane since record keeping began. But I guess that's not unprecedented. Tell that to the poor folks experiencing the decimation of that island tomorrow. Just an observation too...not a debate. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Pray for U.S. Virgin Island, to get hit first before Puerto Rico.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

It will be absolutely horrible for Puerto Rico. The hurricane will be the worst the Puerto Rico has ever seen, but not at all the most powerful hurricane recorded. Maria is presently at 916 mbar; there have been a good number of hurricanes more powerful (Wilber, Gilbert, Camille and a couple of others). So it will be unprecedented for Puerto Rico, but not an unprecedented weather phenomenon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration