Here's a toy some of you guys need in your shop

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Here's a toy some of you guys need in your shop
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Cut-Away-Engine-and-Chassis-Parts-Engine-Tr ansmission-Frame-/272853051161?hash=item3f874f2719:g:Lj4AAOSwVgtZwF9J&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

Every T club should have one of these for teaching newbies, set up at a car show? bet it would draw more attention than any other "car" . Just to cool, thanks Ed for sharing !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Does the museum already have a cutaway on display?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 07:29 am:

Yes they do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Kuczynski on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 08:43 am:

That would be cool to have at the Gilmore for T drivers ed... ;)

Or my garage. Either way.

jk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Weaver on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Tom,

That's a neat little setup you created. - Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Thanks Matt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 10:01 am:

I liked the Model A version of a cut away. It still ran on the #4 cylinder. Anybody can chop up an engine for display. Having it still run is a real accomplishment.

Not a real good video but watchable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2LWwZI1LM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 11:23 am:

I hope you can forgive me for pulling the listing on the cutaway on Ebay. I hate when that happens to me. I decided it would be better if it was donated to a museum so it could be used for their education programs. I had contacted them last week, did not hear back, so I listed it. I got an email from them this morning saying they would love to have it. Almost 900 people viewed the listing in the short time it was posted. Again I hate to pull the listing but it was for a very, very good cause, and I am not making any money at all. If anyone is unhappy with me over this, please contact me directly not through the forum.

Thanks TOM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Tom,
You the man!! Very generous move on your part.
T folks are the greatest!
And. No, I have no affiliation with whatever museum is benefiting.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration