QUESTION: TIRE GURUS....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: QUESTION: TIRE GURUS....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 07:14 am:

I'm doing a speedster build and am using 1930 A wires. I've seen pics of 575/600X19 tires. Can anyone aim me in the right direction for a set? Thanks! Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

My OP;
I am thinking that 5.75/6.00 might be fat for the 19" Model A rims. That size might ok for the 16 inch rims. The stock 19" wheel used something in the range of 4.75 to 5.00" at 5.75-6.0" that is going to give you a lot of bulge/over hang. (tire outside the rim itself plus there is the cost factor)
http://www.lucasclassictires.com/19-Tires_c44.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

Most modern tires are "oversized" already, so are probably close to 575.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Thanks guys!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration