Driving The T To Temple?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Driving The T To Temple?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

It's Rosh Hashanah tomorrow- will you be going to Temple?

...don't forget your dried apples!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

That looks a lot like the Palace of Fine arts in San Francisco. . . ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Tis, but it looks like a temple doesn't it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Funny, it doesn't look Jewish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

Well I didn't think anyone would recognize my local house of worship...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 11:17 pm:

A bit off-topic, but the Palace of Fine Arts was built as a paper-mache building for the 1915 Exposition. It was so well-liked that a distant relative developed a system to replicate it in Concrete, to become a permanent structure. At least that is what I was told when I was a small kid.
So Tim, were you out this way when the pic was taken?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:39 am:

David,

It was recreated, as you describe, in 1964.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:47 am:

It is somewhat unknown, that Ford Motor Co. had a small assembly line at the exposition in 1915. What I've never been able to find out is if the cars assembled there had any kind of plate or identification on them, and what the total production was.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Larry S, I can't say for certain, but I don't think they had any special plates. When I was just a kid in this hobby, one of the first clubs I joined had a member that owned a '15 (runabout if I recall correctly) that had been assembled at that exposition. I don't recall if it had been a family car or not? But he had the paperwork from the show, along with the purchase receipts showing the car's serial numbers and other documentation that had come with the car. He often displayed the paperwork in a nice frame when the car was being displayed. As I recall, without the known history, and the paperwork, it was like any other '15 T.
It was one of those cars that the entire club was proud of and often bragged about.
I met the fellow a couple times, but never really knew him (it was over 45 years ago, and I was just a kid getting into the hobby). I have no idea where the car went.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration