Windshield wiper question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Windshield wiper question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

In my 24 the windshield isn't working.
Are they all run on Air/ Vacuum? What can I check.
Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Paul I have a 24 and haven't seen a wiper setup for one but my experience is limited. Could you post a picture of the wiper motor from the inside?

Just curious what was used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Most were operated by hand. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

APCO did make some solenoid (electric) ones. Air / vacuum would operate similarly. Probably none came from the factory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Chances are, when a 90+ year old wiper motor goes out, it is because the rubber seals have dried out or hardened and are no longer able to channel the air properly. If you are mechanically inclined, you can probably take it apart and replace the seals yourself, or if not, there are people out there, perhaps on this site, that can repair it for you. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

From a functional standpoint, RAIN-X works just fine---most people I`ve toured with don`t mess with windshield wipers.....Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

OT MAYBE: I am gonna be in Manchester NH Saturday with an afternoon to kill before heading north to NASCAR race Sunday. Any suggestions? Museum? Car Show? Swap Meet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

You could take a tour of the Budweiser brewery in Merrimack, NH. It's only about 10 miles from Manchester, and you could see the Clydesdales.
Not a T, but a predecessor to the T. If you like NASCAR (as I do) you must like beer (as I do).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

Thank you to all. I will try to take apart in the future and see what I can find out from the inside out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

With a vacuum wiper just send it here. http://www.wiperman.com/ He rebuilt the vacuum wiper that is on my 1926. He has all the necessary repair parts and expertise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:11 am:

If you can find a late '24 or '25 upper windshield frame, they are already drilled for the wiper and the rear view mirror providing you have an open car.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration