1909-10-1911 and 1913 Br hub caps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1909-10-1911 and 1913 Br hub caps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

here are original early hub caps. the1909-10 has block letters, the 1911 does not have an edge ridge and is in script. The 1913 cap now has "Made in USA"

Hub caps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Thanks Darrel. Our 1906 N has the same hubcaps as 1909. Good to see the changes as they occurred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 01:17 am:

After July 1911 the rim was added around the Ford Script.

Here are some of my restored originals for my November-ish 1911.

The "Made in USA," like Darel shows, was added in April 1912.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william m leahy on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 07:47 am:

Darryl,

I had these caps done on a CBC machine for a 1909. Not original obviously but interesting.Hubcaps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william m leahy on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 07:48 am:

CNC. Auto correct again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:57 am:

It is interesting that when they chose to reproduce the brass hubcaps, they chose the 1920's style rather than the '13 or '14-17 style. They did the same thing with the running boards. A 13-14 running board is totally different than a later style, other than the placement of the Ford script.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Darel: It is a pleasure to see someone who knows his hubcaps! I'll take that '13 hubcap of your hands, unless it has a usual crack, which happens when you find a good one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

It is cracked and bent. I may have another, but if you know my garage, it would be a long, long look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

As for the 1909-10 cap, I have another original and the Ford script is heavier. If these were used on N,R, and Ss, there are probably variations. The one with the heavy block letters is off a mid 1910 T. I will be gone for a few days. When back I will post a photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Some of the new T caps were made from original dies, at least that what was reported 50 years ago. The 26-27 dies were discovered in the office of one of the original suppliers.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration