Removing T engine head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Removing T engine head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Hi all,

As you know, I've got a seized T engine is like to get to turn over and inspect.

I removed all the head bolts, luckily without breaking any.

How should I remove the head? Just get a screwdriver and pry it off? The gasket is smooshed around the edges since it is the original so I'm guessing that's going to make it harder to get off.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Never mind, just tried a screw driver and it came right off...

Sorry! First time doing this and was worried of breaking it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

I hear ya John. No sorry needed. :-)
The first times are the hardest aren't they?
Oof. I could tell stories about first times with engines... :-)
Welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Also check the valves. Sometimes they corrode up and prevent the cam from turning.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration