Air pressure gauge

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Air pressure gauge
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 01:44 am:

What would the right tire pressure gauge for a 1926 T?
neal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 05:15 am:

A dial-type 0-60 PSI, or 0-100 PSI,readily available locally with rigid or flexible stem is good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 08:49 am:

I think you might want to try and get one that has a higher maximum pressure reading if one exists because most gauges of this type have their maximum accuracy at mid scale unless you only want to get "close" at say 55.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Period Schrader gages show up on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H 0.TRS0&_nkw=antique+tire+pressure+gauge&_sacat=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 09:33 am:

I just picked up a stick style pressure gauge at a farm store for trucks that goes up to 100 psi. If the sending units in my truck's tire stems are accurate, its right on the money. But for '26 Improved cars you would normally have balloon type tires and run from 30-35 PSI in either split rims or wire wheels. Of course you could still have clinchers on it if the car was one of the "economy" models.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:05 am:

If I was going to use a period correct tire gauge, I would want to check it against a known accurate gauge first. I have gauges from various manufacturers in four of our five cars - the T being the one without a gauge. Whenever I buy a new gauge, I check it against the others. If the newbie doesn't agree with the others, it goes back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:03 am:

It was a period correct gauge that I was looking for. It appears that a "universal" schrader gauge would be ok.
Neal

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration