Early Cylinder Heads

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Early Cylinder Heads
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 05:10 am:

Did the early cylinder heads (1909/10) have the cast dates at the back of the head like later T's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 07:05 am:

Good question Bill and I look forward to seeing the replies
on your post. My head (cylinder) has numerous casting numbers / letters and I'm curious what they all mean. The documentation from the Henry Ford on my engine # 33435
refer to it as a "C" head...
Alan in a Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 07:38 am:

My 1914 T had the month and year cast on the very back end of the head, as did my '16 but the '10 has no dates at all; just curious why. It's engine number is 15841, built Feb. 4, 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Bill-
My 1911 head was cast September 2. It has the month and day side 9 2 on either side of the center bolt hole.

Note: No MADE IN USA. That was added in April, 1912.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 09:54 am:

From the Encyclopedia:

02-14-10 (just after your car) T401C Removed spotting boss from rear end (of head)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Bill, I believe the head for your car should have the two spotting bosses on the left side and no casting date above the script. The boss on the rear of the head remained for years after the change Keith described above.

Do you need one? I've been looking for a while for what I described above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Forgot to add, the bosses on the left side were removed 12/14/09 according to the record, but I've seen early CY 10's to have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Not exactly sure what I'm looking for concerning the two spotting bosses but here's what I have. Clearly no dates near the Ford script or the rear of the head but lots of extra dots!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:50 am:

Bill, That's it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:08 am:

What's it? Which picture am I looking at for the spotting bosses?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:19 am:

I was referring to the cylinder head being proper for early CY 1910. The bosses I referred to are the raised features on the left side (2) and right side of the rear (1). The (2) on the left side were removed in 1910, but I've found the one on the rear remained.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:25 am:

OK thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration