OT: For your entertainment.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT: For your entertainment.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 07:51 am:

https://centralmich.craigslist.org/atq/d/1896-ford-car/6312686853.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 08:13 am:

It has to be authentic since it says so right on it. I think that if you look close you will notice that the upholstery leather is not correct. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Maybe the water in the radiator was around in 1896...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 09:45 am:

The description from the ad:

"I have a 1896 ford car . It starts right up and drives. It is in very good condition. Need gone asap."

If that vehicle was here I would also want it gone asap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Too bad this wasn't for sale in time to register it for the Old Car Festival.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:37 am:

Well, at least the body can be used to help heat your home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Since we're discussing fantasy cars, I think I would rather have this 1885 Delorean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Awesome restoration. Probably took decades tracking down the correct parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:39 am:

How come no pictures of the engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

It has n original Briggs and Stratton motor from Northern Tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

Don't get to upset folks....I might try to sell that guy my ocean front property in Arizona.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

1896 should be 1986?
Ford should be Dorf?
Wondering if it has a water pump.
Looks like fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

I'll side along the lines of Dallas. While it may or not be a genuine misrepresentation by the seller, it's clearly no Ford product. Rebodied, w/o fenders and running boards, it could make a pretty cool swap meet buggy/parts hauler :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

With a fresh coat of paint to cover all the Oxen Schizen it might be ok?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 03:42 pm:

Its pretty obvious what its not, but what IS it...
At least the rear axle and 'diff' look intriguing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Oxen schizen? Now, that's funny right there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

I do wonder what the seller thinks it is. I have looked at several '40s/'50s buggies and home-made horseless carriages that people believed were the real thing because uncle so-and-so said so.
The description doesn't really have the flavor of that sort of passion. Maybe someone figured it out?

Too many people today don't know a new commemorative by franklin mint from genuine historic treasure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

I would want it gone asap too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mosher on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

I didn't know they had cup holders in 1896. I learn more and more things every day!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

I have an 1897 Olds Trap....One in the Smithsonian, one in the Olds Museum, and mine. Shucks I'd let it go for $25,000. And mine has 2 engines....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

The above posted in fun....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Looks to have been built using one of the Popular Mechanics set of plans sold in the 1970's and earlier. Someplace I have a set for the Dulton(sp ?) that was kinda based on the curved dash Old's that had a diffy sorta like that one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration