Old Photo taken in '27 Sunroof

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo taken in '27 Sunroof
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Sunroof

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

That was a rough 14 years ! Updated to electric headlamps, dash veneer is de-laminating. Looks like the crank may have been replaced, what else ?? On its way to being a "bitsa" T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Looks to me like part of the driver front fender is missing and back window is gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 03:51 pm:

I'm not good at dating T's was guessing 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Rich, that's good. The crank was meant to pull completely out the next stunt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

Vern, I'm not sure it's a '13. I can't tell which way the windshield is folded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don A on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Clearly a '14 body with a '15 fear fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Were rear fenders crowned between the beads in '15 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Vern, did you see that other picture of the ripped roof T hanging precariously over the edge?
Same T ain't it? "The crank was meant to pull completely out the next stunt."
I look and look and can't find that thread...
And people drive/drove on roads where over the edge is hundreds of feet down or more. Yuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

Could be an early 1915 production using 1914 body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - 11:52 pm:

Mark, you're probably right.

How about that left front fender. Looks like Laurel and Hardy worked on it (shades of Two Tars).

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:50 am:

I agree with Mark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 07:08 am:

I found this from the Harold Lloyd 1924* movie "Girl Shy". This is the same T posted Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 03:58 pm: in the "Model T Funnies and Memes" thread. Harold is holding a crank in his right hand when it started, supposedly grabbed reverse, and went backwards off the cliff. Here's the reverse angle and a morbid photo, showing the rear.

Sunroof reverse angle
Sunroof morbid

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

I would like to have that to restore! I think I could give up at least three of my project cars for it. (The worse ones of course.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Vern, first, thank you much for pointing me to "Girl Shy". Great movie, I enjoyed it immensely (as I tend to any Harold Lloyd movie !).

The scene with this "disposable" Model T was short . . . now I'm curious, where did the scene with that car come from that you posted in the "Funnies" thread ??

I'd have to watch it go down the hill into the rocks again, but it almost looks like the scene used another car that was designed to fall apart on the trip down the hill for the movie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Here it is again
Car destruct

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

Aha. Thank you re-posting this Vern. :-)
Poor thing. I did see once that 90% of old cars were recycled then...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration