FJ - Monday started out badly but ended on a good note ..... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Monday started out badly but ended on a good note ..... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 01:55 am:

Monday kinda sucked until about 2:00 pm.

The vehicle masquerading as a 1907 Thomas Flyer literally collapsed in my trailer, having been cobbled together by wood - wire - clamps.

The new owner used my 3 ton aluminum racing jack - all my wood blocks - my tools to piece it together in my trailer over several hours.

Then ......

Tim Moore arrived with a knock on my trailer- BCG Howard in tow.

Howard treated Tim to a proper fish & chips dinner and entertained us both with such great stories of finding carburetors - cars - carousel horses ..... :-)

Then I had to clear the front seat in the truck for a ride to Airport Motel 6 where a full police presence welcomed Tim
with a lot of arrests in the parking lot

If you didn't get to meet Tim on his cross country adventure - just imagine someone like RJL only a lot nicer ..... :-)

( Actually RJL is the nicest guy you will meet ..... )

Then today I met Rich in the Portland area where I loaded up his Model T Touring headed down to his son in Ventura, CA.

I might have found someone to help his son learn to drive & work on the T thanks to KD ....

Then I had the pleasure to get to talk with Bill in Keene, NH
about a Depot Hack that is trying to stay in the same family after a family member interested in buying it contacted me.

Today was good day - like most days in Henry's Neighborhood.

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Jim, got any pictures of the collapse? Hard to understand how a car can collapse without seeing it.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Howard,

It was not a complete vehicle - it was pieced together.

I am not posting any more images of it.

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

No Problem Jim, I enjoyed the other pictures.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

For a guy that supposedly sticks his nose into where it don't belong (a different thread altogether), I sure am glad you do. :-)
Funny, I was thinking what kind of antique vehicle I would want and a correct Thomas came to mind.
Perhaps not...
I'm pretty happy with this old junk I've already got. :-)
Good post FJ!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Thanks Duey,

We are all one Big Dysfunctional Family at the Thanksgiving Dinner Table.

True friends I have met in my travels in the real world.

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

I really like this picture so took Monday.

If you look closely - there is the MTFCA logo on one shoulder and the Ford 2008 Centennial on the other.

Some folks bring out the best in everyone they meet .... :-)

Tim Moore - Class Act.

FreighTer Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:28 am:

I agree Tim is a first class act, great writer, and I'm happy that he decided to use the iconic model T for his book.

I do notice you have come 180 degrees from your post 5/05 @ 7:08 pm "A responsible person does not undertake an adventure whose positive outcome relies on the luck of the draw or the kindness of strangers." That is just one sentence from a couple of your negative posts.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/752135.html?1498858636

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Gary,

I did post that.

You might perceive it as negative - that was my opinion back when I posted.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:48 am:

I always speak my mind.

The success of Tim in his journey is due in part to the Model T folks who stepped up to help out all across the country.

I am at dues paying member of the MTFCA and the MTFCI.

I would wager good money that the overwhelming majority of the folks who visit this forum do not pay dues to either organization.

I imagine that some folks who stepped up and offered assistance to Tim do not belong to either organization.

They did it because they felt motivated to help.

I felt motivated last week in Oregon so I gave Tim a call and offered him a free ride for his model T from Seattle to Southern California.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Freigther Jim: For Tim Moore to come to the USA and then drive a T from the east to the west was a feat to behold. And the problems the he had on the trip and the help was given was beyond belief. I commend each and everyone of those people that helped him in any was are the greatest kind of people to help someone that they never met and to see him do what he did.
To Tim if he should read this you are the "MAN" to do what you did. I hope he enjoyed every inch of the trip. I was born in California and it would be great to the trip he did but I do not think I would tackle it even though I have lived here all my life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 11:15 am:

FJ, FYI, members of both MTFCA & I as well as the South Carolina chapter till we sold our T's if that was your point. I too speak my mind and simply commented on your 180, not your motivation for the change. All the best

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration