Pedal opening seals for hot and cold weather

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pedal opening seals for hot and cold weather
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

I have seen several different accessory pedal seals illustrated in the old catalogs for keeping out drafts. Does anyone out there actually have an original one? Was thinking about taking thin rubber matting and cutting out a square about three inches bigger around all sides than the large opening for the pedals cut in the commercial floor mats. Then cutting three slits for the pedals and laying this piece underneath the floor mat. The same could be done for the brake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Mark, I use a 3/8in Gym / Pilates mat. I just make a slit for the pedals and put the floor mat over top of it to hid it. Works very well for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

Thanks for the ID on a material that would work. Doesn't interfere with the pedal movement? Does the mat hold it in place or do you have to screw it down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 02:35 am:

I have one on the trailer for Hershey. NOS Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 07:12 am:

Do you have a picture of it? What's your space number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 08:40 am:

I've got a set of Pedal Pants never used in the original box. Won't work on my '26 unfortunately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 10:11 am:

I use those little brooms that you put on the bottom of a door, they call them floor sweeps. I screw them to the floor board at the correct angle for the pedal movement and then put down a layer of foil backed insulation and then the floor mat. Really make a big difference hot and cold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration