Foredoor 12 Experts?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Foredoor 12 Experts?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Hello Forum Members,

We are now the caretakers of this '12, the body numbers are mostly hidden under the upholstery, which we are conditioning to be flexible enough to peel back and read the first digits. It looks to begin with either an 'E' or and 'F'. I picked up this set of 'B' foredoors and they fit okay. I originally purchased them to go on my Wilson (inside door handle touring) body, but they dd not fit the Wilson as well. our questions are: are there drawings for the pass side front door latch and the rear brackets for the drivers side?

Thank you!
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:59 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

Scott:
If serial number starts with F then body is a Fisher...doors are definitely by Beaudette. Amazing the doors fit as good as they do.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Scott-
PM me your e-mail address and I can send you some 1912 Fisher fore-door details if you would like.
-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Foredoor info

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Stier Jr. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

Thank you Phil, that is what I was looking for!

Thanks again,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

I'm confused . . . isn'tthat a "B" prefixing the number in the photo shown ? Wouldn't that be a Beaudette body ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

Rich:

I think that is the bottom of the foredoors They often had the body number there too. Probably to keep the doors together that matched a given body. Doors and bodies ultimately had "matching numbers" and I have seen bodies where the rear door hinges were different side to side in height by 1/2" or more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

Thanks for the clarification, John, and the interesting info !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration