Lost my deflector

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Lost my deflector
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

Went for a nice ride in my T today. Just me. Alone enjoying a 90-minute drive in nice weather. Roads were a little bumpy at times, but no worries. Been there and done that before. As I normally do after long drives, I looked over the car when I got home and noticed my exhaust deflector was gone. Total bummer. I had spent hours grinding that thing to fit right. I retraced my drive, but no dice - unless someone had flattened my deflector to look like a crushed can, and in that case it wouldn't matter anyhow.

Bummer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Eido, since day one, the rules of the road for Model Ts :
Anything that falls off, but doesn't stop you from driving is unnecessary.

Joke - sorry you lost the deflector. Hurts worse when you've got "sweat equity" in it !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

It did cross my mind that the piece wasn't that important. I didn't feel it fall off. I didn't notice a difference in my drive not even the noise level. And it's not like it was a rare or expensive piece. The lousy thing was that I had FINALLY got the darn thing to fit right after a lot of frustration. It took hours of carefully grinding. And then 2 weeks later, it's lost to the wild. Again, not a major setback. Just a bummer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 04:08 pm:

Could have been worse, I lost a steering wheel trailering mine on the ride home. It wasn't a beautifully restored one, but still nice none the less. Damn thing unscrewed itself from the gear box. Set screw or not in the cover, I now secure my steering wheels.

I see when I driver, my right headlight ring wants to come off too. Going to have to put some set screws to hold that in place so I don't lose a lens and ring on a drive. Always something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Those exhaust deflectors are illegal in New York State and probably some other states anyway.

Perhaps because they can fall off in the road and do damage to other vehicles or cause accidents.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

I have one in the basement, if I can find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 11:32 pm:

The last thing i worry about when driving my T is that something will fall off my car and cause damage to someone behind me. I usually worry that the person behind me isn't paying attention, and will cause damage to me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Langs # 4038DF

Brass deflector. Will bring to the pancake house with me.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration