Piquette Plant 'Secret Experimental Room'

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Piquette Plant 'Secret Experimental Room'
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Anyone going to the 'Secret Experimental Room' opening at Piquette Plant on Sunday ? They have put a lot of hard work into it and can't wait to see the finished product !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Wish I was closer. Been there a couple of times now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

They must have worked pretty quick. It looked like this two weeks ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Congratulations to the Piquette group! I don't believe that this is just going to be some wishful interpretation as a whole bunch of forensics was done to determine where nail holes were in the floor, where bolt holes were in the floor, electric runs etc...then tying all of that into anecdotal stories of the time to separate out what Studebaker may or may not have done after Ford built Highland Park and moved!

The original investigative report was published and somewhere along the line I managed to read it. Stuff like that I do find fascinating. Wish I lived closer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

I was there last night and you will be amazed at how much has been done in the past two weeks.

There will be free admission Sunday and I hope to see many of you there.
http://www.fordpiquetteavenueplant.org/?page_id=2904

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

I'm Going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Schrage -- Grosse Pte Farms, MI on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

I plan to be there.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Wish we could go.... falls on ab Oktoberfest gig we're doing....:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Itching to see more pics of that room. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Duey, Should have some after Sunday. Its a secret until then.

Oh, and Model T rides around the area. Might even follow the route used by the drivers testing the removable head engine disguised in a Model N chassis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Nikolajevs Dearborn, MI on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Here is a "Behind the scenes" video of the recreation of the Secret Experimental Room.

https://vimeo.com/235089859

As Tom said, look for more on the finished product after the unveiling tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 10:02 am:

If you watch the video link ^^^^^ Steve & Bob explain what is in the room.

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration