Ford Archives research

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford Archives research
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

We are planning a couple of days next week to visit the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield, its on my bucket list, and my 76th B-Day next week, I would like to see if I can find information on a 1912 and a 1922. Words of wisdom our first visit, where do I start,do you need a reservation do we need to call in advance ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

David, I have been there once to do research and found it important to call ahead and make sure the reading room is available, since it is rather small. Let them know what in particular you are interested in researching, that way they can pull the finding aid and be prepared to assist you. Hope this helps, perhaps someone with more experience can point out other things for you.
Good Luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, September 22, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

David, If you are planning to look up specific part drawings or Records of Change, be sure you have the Factory Number for the part, not the Parts Book Catalog number. Later on the two numbers were more often the same. Linda and the staff at the Benson Ford Research Center will take good care of you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 01:17 am:

The factory numbers are listed in the parts books. The first column gives the part number and the penultimate column lists the factory number. Example: Part #3901 is factory #520A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

Thanks Guys, for the advice.I have most information for our 1912 including the Jan 27,1912 Purchase order form the Reading PA Dealership. I want to see if there is anything on the 1922 Chassis shipped May 5,1922 from the Highland Plant to the Springfield Body Company ,Springfield MA. The Dealership that ordered the chassis was LALIME & PARTRIDGE 1255 Boylston Street Boston MA. If someone remembers this Dealership please share . It Received a # 301 Estate Wagon (Depot Hack ) Body and it is still a 90+ % original body Depot Hack.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration