Production date

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Production date
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent c bassani on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

how would i find out what date my '26 coupe was assembled ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

This site has an abridged version of the encyclopedia where you can look up your engine serial number. That will give you the month. The full encyclopedia on disk will give you the day. If you don't have the disk yet I can look up the date for you. I believe newly assembled engines were usually installed in a car within a day or two.

Info on the encyclopedia is included here: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG80.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent c bassani on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

thanks steve, i will get that number to you along with the frame number if i can find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

The frame number was introduced in december 1925 when already about 700,000 1926 style cars had been built since August, so it's not certain you have one. But if you have one of the rest about 1.1 million 1926 cars with the engine number stamped on the frame, then it's found on top of the frame about where the brake cross shaft goes, most often on the RH side.

(Message edited by Roger K on September 23, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 08:20 pm:

Steve what do you make of this number and date?

14number

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 02:39 am:

Monday, September 21, 1914. Apparently the casting date is day/month/year (Friday, 11 September 1914).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Steve, The United States military normally uses the "dd mmm yyyy" format for correspondence. Have you found this format used on other model T's ?

Have you seen the second number in the casting date greater than 12 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:23 am:

I would say the number has been re-stamped and is earlier then the casting number. As far as I know it is Month-Day-Year and I am also coming up with Sept. 21 1914 by the stamped number. (you can see part of the another number on the right side, looks like maybe a 9)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Ooops ! Posted to the wrong thread. Here's the casting date on my '13 - month, day, year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

One of my Ts had a stamped serial number earlier than the casting date (about five months). I figured it was an early replacement engine. That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration