Model t with painted words?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model t with painted words?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Hey does anyone have pictures of modelt/old cars that have painted writings not them? I believe most of them were jokes. I'm trying to get some inspiration for my t in our wedding coming up. Thanks for sharing if you do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

If you are putting graffiti on the car for a wedding, I suggest painting "JUST WORRIED!" (a play on, "just married") on the back if it is a touring. (I actually saw this painted on the back of an unrestored 1916 touring about 30 years ago.)

Here is a "modern" version of your request - this car was restored by Keith Lindberg here in Minnesota. He is in his 80s and I don't believe he still owned the car when I took these pictures four years ago. Note that he even painted around the front wheel hub.

Here is what he painted passenger side of the car but is hard to see in the first photo:

By the door: "Enter Here (arrow)" and "Exit Here (arrow)"

Trunk: "Twenty Three Skidoo"

Rear fender: "This car was made in Lower Slobovia"

Front fender: "The cutting edge"

Around front hub: "Keep away from shiny hubcap"

On top of radiator shell with squiggly arrow pointing at radiator filler neck: "Mop up all spills"

Front of car frame, to left of hand crank: "Wind up daily"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

I've also seen "Oh, You Kid!" (whatever that meant!) in period pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

My TT wood cab had poor looser painted on the back with a brush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Another one I have seen, appropriate for weddings, is "enter here, no exit", usually on passenger side.
I have seen several cars done this way, but don't have copies of any pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Awesome, I like a lot of these. I may use some of them. Of course I like the "excuse my hot air"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Earlier threads with examples:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/676090.html?1474075751

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/260987.html?1326909195

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 11:38 pm:

It's not paint but it's 1920 Buster Keaton from the movie Week One.
wedding 1
wedding 2
wedding 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 12:36 am:

Derrick,

Here is a photo of my Aunt Mary climbing out of a friends brass radiator speedster. I think the photo was taken in about 1923.

Bill

speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 01:27 am:

I saw a '26-'27 turtledeck and body 9 tenths buried in a creek near my house in the mid '60's that had "CAUTION! HAIR BRAKES" painted on it. I always thought that was appropriate. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 01:43 am:

I've given my wife a card that says Happy Adversary Day with her flowers for many years.
Oh wait, that's next year for you. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derrick Pang on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 12:42 am:

Love all these pictures!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration