I won't tell!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I won't tell!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

I finally had a bit of time today so worked on the Model A Town Sedan and got the T ready for a car show next weekend.

I will not tell everyone that the Boy Scouts are having a car show at Stratham Hill park in Stratham NH next Sunday because some of you might show up and decrease my chances of getting another trophy.
Last year the T got a big people's choice trophy.

I cleaned the T (rubbed it down with MMO and Old English) then put the American flags on it, got the seat belt and air bag ready, and a few other things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 10:16 pm:

Who needs a trophy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Hanson on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

Go for it, Fred. Any day that a stock Model T wins in a car show is a great day for the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Last time we attended that show was around 2001-02 with a 1961 VW crew cab. They didn't know where to put us so we got lumped in with later model foreign cars. I was genuinely surprised that we got scouts choice trophy. Enjoy the show, it's a nice park (or at least it was) and post pictures :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:49 am:

A friend of mine drove a pickup like that blue 1 and I honestly kinda liked it.Trouble is,in a wreck,you get a birds eye veiw!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

There used to be a big show in Wellesley MA every year - It was called Elm Bank. It was a great show, but had the weirdest structure of classes that I have ever seen. There was only one class for older cars "pre-1930". Since a T would be competing against Pierce-Arrows, Duesenbergs, and Packards, a Model T had no chance at a trophy. Most T people just went to the show, parked together, and didn't register for judging.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

Larry - I don't need a trophy but it is good to know (what Michael said) any day a stock Model T wins at a car show it is a great day for the hobby!

It is especially rewarding when it is the people's choice award that is against all the vehicles and not just a trophy within the class.
Winning against real 427 cobras, Ferraris, custom cars, Rolls Royces, 60s supercars, etc. is extra special.

Additionally for me, it is a tribute to my Dad who did the restoration (with my help) in the mid 50's.
Every time I drive it I can hear him giving me instructions and see the smile on his face.

Furthermore I am blessed that my son also cherishes memories of working on the car with me.

Sorry to get sappy, but it is a family thing!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration