Proud Pickle Parade Participant Posts Pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Proud Pickle Parade Participant Posts Pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Greetings All,

This morning the small town of Winchester, New Hampshire held it's twentieth annual Pickle Festival. It is a very small town and this is a very big deal for them. I choose to participate in their parade. It was a typical small town affair with a band, a few floats, lots of kid and bikes, Boy and Girl Scouts. maybe 15 to 20 antique cars, and most of the town's fire and rescue vehicles.

There was an impromptu car show afterward in a parking lot near the athletic field for those parade participants who wished to hang around for a while.

I did not return on the main road I used to arrive. I used a back road which I haven't driven the T on in a few years to see if it was as nice as I remembered. I am responsible for providing a tour in October for the Central New Hampshire Model T Club and this road might be part of the route.

It is a rural area and cuts through a dairy farm.

The bovine employees did not seem to mind that I parked nearby to take pictures.

While some of the route is open field, there are some sections which have trees quite close to both sides of the road and the branches reach across to create a green tunnel.

New England has quite a few covered bridges and there are six of them within a ten mile radius here in The Shire (Cheshire County). My trip home took me through four of them.

I don't have the tour completely planned yet, but this route could become the final leg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 12:45 am:

Bill,

If you would care to have a passenger for the tour ......

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 01:30 am:

Good gravy Bill, what a beautiful world!
Thank you. :-)
Pickles any good?

(Message edited by Duey_C on September 24, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 03:59 am:

Hi FJ,

The passenger seat is usually empty, so, sure. Tour date is tentatively set for Sunday October 15.

Hi Duey,

You are welcome, thank You! As a born and bred Yankee, I Ought to have replied with something like: "Well, ya get used to it". This southwest corner of the state is Officially called The Monadnock Region, after Mt. Monadnock, the second most climbed mountain in the world, Mt. Fuji in Japan being the most climbed. Some folks refer to this area as The Picture Postcard Corner of the State.

My runabout parked next to Perkin's Pond on RT 124 in Jaffrey with Mt. Monadnock looming in the background.

And, Yes, the pickles are always good. I had a Kosher dill. Yum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 05:35 am:

Great photos Bill! That is some awesome country to have to look at all the time.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Born and bred Yankee here too and proud to call New Hampshire my home state. Left in 04 to seek adventure :-) I enjoy seeing all the wonderful picture posts by forum members but especially enjoy those posted by NH forumites as we've travelled many of the same roads with the different car clubs we've been affiliated with since 1968. Thanks for the great photos Bill. BTW, that could be our former TR3A (1st pic) as it sold to the western part of the state :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Nice looking little roadster Bill.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration