FJ - Father to Son <> Generation to Generation <> Touring T Lives On

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: FJ - Father to Son <> Generation to Generation <> Touring T Lives On
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 06:23 am:

For the first time ....

I got to document in images & video the passing of a Model T from one generation to the other - Father to Son - including the first driving lesson.

Saturday was a great day !

Father Rich in Lake Oswego, OR at pickup

Gary arrives from Camarillo shortly after the 1923 Touring T is unloaded - both Eric & Becky ( Eric's wife ) were raised around cars but had no experience owning or driving a Model T - to help save Rich a trip down I reached out to KD for a referral in the area - turns out I had picked up a 1915 Touring T from Gary after Bakersfield Swap - we got together to help out the new owners

Eric with the two younger Grandkids

After showing Becky & Eric a few pointers - Rich is on the phone advising Gary about the idiosyncrasies of this particular T

Houston we have ignition !

With Gary behind the wheel - the Model T driving lesson begins - they take off for a few spins around the neighborhood - on the last trip Eric is behind the wheel ..... :-)

I have more images & a few videos posted on my Instagram & Facebook accounts.

Turns out both Rich & Eric work from home for the same company - Becky has been a school teacher for (16) years & currently teaches 3rd grade.

Big Thank you to Gary for spending a few hours on a Saturday to show this new Model T Family the ropes ..... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 09:27 am:

Links to more images & videos:

Instagram @ http://instagram.com/directenclosedautohauler/#

Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005456325407

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Good stuff!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 08:04 am:

Don & Wayne,

Thanks for your appreciation !

Gary explaining things to Eric ....

While the next generation looks on ....

I think these are my two favorite photos ..... :-)

FJ

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration