Engine number

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Engine number
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By vincent c bassani on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:09 am:

On what part of the block would I find the engine number? I hope itís not behind the water pump because I can only see half of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:27 am:

On the boss cast in the block above the water inlet where you are looking. If it's a 1926-27 passenger, also the side top frame rail at about the door opening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:48 am:

If its a '26 you MIGHT find it on the frame rail. There's still considerable debate on when those frame numbers started showing up. The date frame numbers began to be stamped on the rails may have varied from assy. plant to assy. plant. I have two '26 Model cars, one produced in December 1925 and the other produced in March 1926. Neither have frame numbers stamped on them. Some folks more expert than I have claimed that frame number stamping began in April '26. But like all things Model T, there always seems to be an exception to the rule.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Here ya go, casting date on my '13. Month, day, year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:05 am:

The casting date is not the same as the engine number. It would be earlier than the actual engine number depending of the time delay between casting the block and assembly of the car.

The engine number is on the left side of the block as you would be sitting in the car. That is the side with the steering column on U.S. cars. It is in the top center of the block over the water inlet. If you have a water pump it would be over the water pump and depending on what type water pump you have would be behind the top of it.

Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Sorry Norm. I posted to this thread in error, my intention was to inform on the other thread that casting date is month, day, year rather than the military form, day, month, year. My bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Here's a serial number hiding behind a water pump. Some pumps may need to be removed to show the number.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration