Hope this isn't a preview of how my day will go.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hope this isn't a preview of how my day will go.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:38 am:

Loaded my 21 coupe on trailer last night to take on a tour with another chapter. Went out this morning to check things and had a flat tire on the T. Put on the spare with hopes for not another flat today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Better take along a spare inner tube or fix the spare before you tour. However, since you will be touring with a group, maybe someone else will have a spare which will fit your car, Just in case.
Good luck on your tour hope you have a good time.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Buck up, Jim - they can smell fear !!! Good luck and enjoy the tour you'll be in good company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 11:54 am:

I had a lawnmower tire that kept going down slowly during the time I was mowing the neighbors yard.Right when it was most noticeable it left a gouge in the grass.
I took the tire off and who ever the dingbat was that put the tube in, lost his pencil,in my TIRE.It rubbed a tiny hole in the tube.
Fixed now but the neighbors yard looks like aliens tried to leave a crop circle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 03:44 pm:

Mack C, Ouch! But that is funny in a sort of can't laugh now but maybe next year kind of way.

It is funny how some things can cluster that way. Oh so many years ago, the Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club went on one of their regular back roads and picnic tours, that turned into the "flat tire tour". I had my first T speedster, and at the final count was I believe one of only two cars that did not have a tire go flat. (As I recall, there were about fifteen cars on that day.)
It was just one of those strange statistical anomalies. No keg of nails. No bad batch of tubes from a vendor. A few old tube pinches that chose that one day to fail. A couple odd nails or screws found in the road. A couple low pressures that chose the same day to shear the valve stems. One car had a flat before the tour began. (One spare down). Along the tour route, a few others followed suit. Before the picnic site was reached (a park well up in the Santa Cruz mountains), one of the members that lived in the area ran home to swipe a couple spares from his other car. A few cars had more than one flat that day.
The park was reached, a couple cars came in late, having just changed their flat tire. Most of us were milling about the parking area while others were setting out lunches at the tables. One fellow was laughing loudly about he hasn't "had a bit of (tire) trouble" when as if right on cue, the valve stem blew clean out of one of his tires sitting in the parking lot! From three "no flats" to two. I kept my mouth shut.

Jim S, I hope you had a wonderful time on the tour!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Worried for nothing. trailered 60 miles to the meeting place then drove the T about 40 miles in 90 plus degrees 60 miles back home and no disasters Fix a tire tomorrow. 11 T's on tour with no trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

So good day with no flats and no failures. We had two A model failures two weeks ago in only 200 miles on or Labor Day. One had issues and the other was a new motor failure.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration