Carb rod for NH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Carb rod for NH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 07:32 pm:

I converted a vaporizer set up to a NH and bought the linkage kit from Langs. The vaporizer rod is supposed to be a fair but is bent to far toward the radiator to work. Do they make a rod for this conversion. I didn't see it. Th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

I couldn't bend the vaporizer rod. Would rather buy the correct rod but would bend mine if I have to. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Melham on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Do you mean the throttle linkage rod?

If so, I was recently in exactly the same situation. After a bit of research on this forum, I concluded that the only solution is to fabricate your own rod. I sourced some 7/32" steel rod (and good advice) from Metal Supermarkets and - using only very basic tools and the help of a friend - made a passable part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

Tom thanks yes the throttle rod. I couldn't bend the original rod. I will find the rod. Thanks for your help.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration