Petitt Jean Arkansas fall swap meet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Petitt Jean Arkansas fall swap meet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

We went to the Petitt Jean fall swap meet this weekend. It is a very small meet and is mostly a Military vehicle show. But we still go to set up as vendors and just camp out and visit. There were no Model Ts at the meet this year. But I did manage to find some goodies in the boxes of the other vendors. No matter how sorry the event is, if you dig deep enough there are almost always a few surprises. :-) Some of my favorite finds are the 11 Champion X spark plugs at 4.00 each. Six of them are NOS. And the two speedometer cables with chains. I needed one for the speedster project. To me, the cables alone are worth what I gave for everything. :-) :-)

Our vendor space and room for the week.

Some of the finds,

I bought 3 boxes with 21 inch tubes. I thought it was neat that they are called "air containers" and not tubes. Years ago the Museum of Automobiles on Petitt Jean mountain made tires in the basement of the museum. The tires were "Petitt Jean" brand and these are the brand of tubes or "air containers" that they also sold at the time. I think these tubes are useable as I can not see any sign of deteration to the tubes, even when I stretch and fold them. Ill probably use them in my Model A air compressor tires. At 5.00 each, no big loss if they fail on it.

I bought this spot light to maybe use on the speedster project.

I found a box of 10 NOS green sun visors for Model T era vehicles. They will fit both closed cars and open cars. They come in the box as a pair. When I get time Ill list some of them in the classifieds

And finally I found a very nice pair of bud vases mixed in with a bunch of general auto related and household stuff from someone selling off "Dads stuff".

Like I said above, The fall meet is a very poor swap meet, but it is just such a nice place to camp and visit with old friends. There were very few Model T guys there this years as our club The Tin Lizzies were on tour in Oklahoma this weekend. But we had fun visiting with the Chebby guys for a change .... :-) have fun and be safe ... Donnie Brown ...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration