24 coupe addition to the family

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 24 coupe addition to the family
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

Yesterday was a first for me. I started a T and drove it on the trailer after purchase. The story is the car is from Texas, it has very little rust. Two small spots. Wood seems in good shape. The wheels will be changed of course. Steering and suspension is very tight. Rear axle condition is unknown for now. The only things missing are the steering wheel nut and carb adjustment rod. It has a good top" fairly new and new wood in top" 5 new tires,battery,wire harness,hoses,belt,head gasget,flat tube radiator,rebuilt coils and coilbox,new spark plugs and wires,new carb,new manifold and exaust pipe,.
A whole box af new in the packages parts like new style timer seal,brake rods and supports, brake linings,bolt kits for running boards,window seals ect. It was late afternoon when I got home and had to meet a buddy so we could paint some parts for my TT project so I did not get it unloaded till dark. I was feeling really good about driving it on the trailer,but that changed when I unloaded it. It would not fire a lick. No coil buzz? It was dark,I was tired and pushed it off the trailer down the hill and in the barn. I did snap a few picks for those waiting " Duey and Dave ". The little coupe will have to wait till I get the wood cab finished. A bunch of reading material came with the 24 which I did not have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, September 25, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 06:40 am:

Dallas, looks good. these are my favorite style coups. I have a 25. It's a completely different feel from driving a touring. We use ours in the fall and spring when it's a little to cold to really enjoy the touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 07:04 am:

Thanks Dan, I will have pleanty questions as this is my 1st closed car. Dave Stroud has a 25 and has answered many things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 09:53 am:

From the pic above it looks like it has a 26 or 27 rear axle. Not sure but it looks like it has the larger brake drum. Not starting trying to back of the trailer probably was caused by something in the ignition switch.
I also have a 24 Coupe that was built in late Sept that came with 21" wood wheels. Its a crossover car that had a few of the later changes the 25 cars would have.
It would be interesting to know when your car was built.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Nice score Dallas !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Nice and you'll have a set of wire wheels to go onto some other project T :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

John I think your right. The engine is late 26. Hogs head has oval pedal and I have not checked to see if it has later bands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

Excellent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Last night I went over new harness and tightened all loose screws"all". Tightened all screws on switch. Have lights but no buzz in coils. I will check timer and inside switch next. The 1st chance I get! Taking RPU to town for dinner tonight so the 24 has to wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 06:24 pm:

Dallas you can turn the key back and forth several times and you might get the coils to buzz. I had to do mine that way until I took the switch apart and cleaned the contact surfaces and carefully bent out the contacts for a better connection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

John, I need to check switch. I did my roadster like you said. I need to set timing. When the lever is all the way down to start the car, something is wrong. I am sure a couple hours of T time in the garage and it will be running.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Cool car. I love these year coupes. Nice project.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration