Sambuca gets new front drive's seat improvement

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Sambuca gets new front drive's seat improvement
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Sambuca has always been short on legroom and when I added my Ruckstell 2 speed rear end this spring, there was even less legroom. So I needed to find a way to move the backrest back and with the help of Dave Gagne' over this past weekend we gave him a new seat arrangement. Now I have plenty of legroom for a more comfortable (not to mention a much safer) drive on all our long T tours. When we finished I took Dave for his 1st ride in a Model T and he was grinning ear to ear all the way.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Nice Warren! As a wood worker all my life I can see your talent. At six two with large feet and hands I decided to make my 16 black smith built pick up a bit more comfortable. The center seat from a Toyota van is the right size the difference in comfort is very large. It might be a mistake bolting in seat belts but almost any thing goes with the hundred year old modified 16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 07:25 pm:

Very cool. Don't tell me the seat-back was even with or in front of the pillar? I'm guessing it was. :-)
How much did you gain? About 3-4 inches? Very cool.
Every time I look at an express delivery or a hack, they look better to me.
I'm a scoche taller than Paul and every scrap of legroom is quite precious! Bent legs get sore fast and being comfy surely helps!
The good thing in a T is, once rolling, my feet are wherever comfy. ;-)
There's a cute little (brand new) fork-lift at my work but I hesitate to use it as it's apparently meant to be used by shorter stature fellas. I have to dangle my left foot in mid air to make ready to use a brake pedal. No room... :-/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

All Ts are tiny inside. I took my package tray in my 26 coupe to get a little more room. Also my model A coupe has been taken out it makes both more driveable for me. I am 6ft8 so room is a must for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Paul, it was not only comfort, but more important it was for safety. I have shrunk down from 6' to 5' 10" and had to keep my feet outside the Ruckstell shifter and emergency brake, which would have been a real problem if I needed to make a quick stop. It was Dave Gagne' who supplied all the talent with the wood work.

Duey, what can I say, but yes it was even with the front pillar, which originally it was mounted to. By moving it back I picked up almost 6".

Tim, I agree all Ts were made for smaller men. I own a 1926 coupe and a '26 touring. The coupe is not to bad, but the touring has very limited foot space. What do you mean by "I took my package tray in my 26 coupe to get a little more room"?

Happy motoring,

Warren

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration