Need Suggestions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need Suggestions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Will be making my first trip up Hershey. Will hopefully arrive on Thurs about noon and will leave early afternoon on Fri. Me question is:where am I going to find the most Model T parts, as I don't have lots of time to cruse everywhere Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mainly looking for body and interior parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Go to the AACA website and print out a set of maps for all of the fields, then mark them up with the information from this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/784190.html?1506467261

If somebody in the thread above has mentioned that they have exactly what you are looking for, either take a chance and make a bee-line to their spot first thing, or contact them ahead of time, send them at least a deposit in advance, and ask them to hold the item for you to pick up. In my opinion, it is too much to ask for them to hold an item without at least a deposit in advance. It's almost too late at this point for them to receive a payment via snail mail, but an electronic transfer (i.e. Paypal) would work.

If you mark up all of the maps, you will find that most of the folks that have announced their spaces are in the red and chocolate fields, with one in the orange field and two in the green field.

I will be there for the entire event, but I still plan on starting in the red field on Wednesday morning and working my way over to the chocolate, orange, then green fields over the course of the event. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Link to AACA Hershey field maps:

http://www.hersheyaaca.org/fm_information.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 26, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

It's too bad you'll be there for such a short time. It takes me three days to cover the whole thing, and I find Model T stuff is pretty well scattered. Mark is right that a lot of folks who have announced their locations here are in Red and Chocolate, but there are others who don't know or care about this forum and they may be anywhere.

Do as Mark suggests and use the maps to find the ones who have posted their locations, then if you have time you can look for others.

The numbered light poles can be helpful in finding your way around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Hershey is a treasure hunt that lasts for three or more days. Since you are going to hit it hard for just a brief time, recommend the following. Bring cash, good walking shoes, a cart to carry stuff in and follow these simple rules - 1. When you see it buy it. If you try to come back later you won't remember where you are or the item is, it will be gone, or the vendor will be out wandering around and nobody at the booth will know what you are talking about. 2. Don't forget to ask lots of questions from vendors - they may have just want you need at home, or know where you can find it. 3. Pick up a directory of vendors as soon as you arrive. It will list vendors who listed their specialty as Model T - or anything else you want (or don't need). I've observed that nearly every vendor there has at least one Model T part so don't be shy about looking through everything. Enjoy your first time, and I hope you will come back next year and give it a full three days if you can.
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Boothroyd, Victoria, B.C. on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

Just curious; what is required at the US border if someone from Canada purchased some parts in the US? I assume a bill of sale with date, price and contact information to prove the parts aren't stolen? Would the Canadian Border require similar or is it Duty free for used parts?
Any Canadians with experience?

Regards,

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

The Canadian border will still charge tax on used parts, I know as I've paid my fair share. It would be worth calling where you plan to cross but maybe having the seller mark the price right on the items you buy would be easiest to track what you paid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Richard: Flea market directories are for sale at the event. In addition to those who announce their spaces here, you can look up virtually everyone by name or their stated sale offerings in the directory. The directory is a worthwhile investment if you only are going to be there a day or two. see you at Hershey, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Davis on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Thanks, for the suggestions. Forgot to ask what are the hours?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

Richard: Back 30 some years ago when I started going to Hershey, guys would start selling before daylight and kept selling till they were made to cut off the generators. Now, it starts about 8to 9AM and everybody is gone by 5:ooPM. I sure wish for the good old days. Good luck with your hunt. Come and see me at CR33-38. "We will leave the light on for you" Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration