Are these the same car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Are these the same car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Looking through the forum I noticed photos from two different threads that appear to be the same car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:13 am:

Sure looks the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Even the terrain looks the same.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Movie stills? What period comedian could have fallen through that hole in the roof?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:21 am:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfxkFJrNm1g

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Thanks Mark. I needed that.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Harold Lloyd. He swapped the car with another driver to escape the bad guys. Unfortunately, things went awry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 07:24 am:

Chris,
Yes, you will see that I posted both vehicles. Answer No. 74 was a joke but I was curious about the year of the car so I started a new thread to inquire. Here's the video:

Girl Shy - Harold Lloyd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsB1VGu5Lls
1:03:46 - 1:05:00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Most people don't know that Harold lost the thumb and index finger of his right hand and wore a prostatic glove and was still able to do all those stunts. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 09:43 am:

I see that car came with the optional sunroof! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Maybe an urban/Hollywood myth? But was it Samuel Goldwyn or Louis B Meyer that began business as a haberdasher, and after Harold Lloyd's accident (with a prop explosive) personally made the prosthetic glove so Harold could perform on camera and not show the damaged hand. Absolutely amazing that he could continue to do the incredible stunts, and climbing, that he actually did. Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton were both incredible athletes, as well as entertaining performers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

And Duane only provides terrible thread drift: I was able to see All Star Wrestling once in awhile when I was a kid here in Minnesota.
Think Verne Gagne and Wally Karbo plus many others. That tradition of incredible athletes and entertaining performers still continues to this day. Quietly wrestling up a storm and they're young. I announced such a thing this last Saturday. They liked my bit.
Sorry for this out-there drift. :-)

The trail blazers: Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton are the best! One take and let's get it right or else somebody gets hurt.
These guys are the best.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration