Ruckstell rear axle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ruckstell rear axle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hannigan on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

I have a 22 truck (not a TT)with a ruxtell rear axle, would this be factory installation or a later modification? I thought only TT has a ruxtell. Also the block has no number on it, does this indicate an after market block?
I am new to Ts, my experience is in A and AA
Thanks Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

Ruckstells are used on cars and pickups. They are not original Ford equipment, but are period correct accessories. As I understand it, the Ruckstell was one of the few non Ford parts which Henry approved to be installed by his dealers. So it might have been installed by a Ford dealer. They are still being manufactured today and many have installed them in recent years.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

Replacement engines were sold with serial numbers on them. Replacement blocks were unnumbered and were supposed to be stamped with the numbers of the engines they replaced. Yours could be a replacement block, or it could have had the serial number removed for some reason. Without a serial number, the casting date will be the closest you can get to the assembly date.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Model T blocks had no casting dates after around 1923. Also, there were aftermarket blocks made by other companies. The correct spelling for Ruckstell is noted above.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration