Bruce McCalley Memorial Library and Research Center

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bruce McCalley Memorial Library and Research Center
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 09:29 am:

In the latest Vintage Ford magazine there is an invitation to the dedication of the Bruce McCalley Memorial Library and Research Center on November 4, 2017 in Richmond Indiana.
As many of you know, during his entire life, Bruce McCalley made a greater contribution to the Model T hobby than any other person. It is altogether fitting that this facility should be dedicated to him.
The leadership of the MTFCA have done an excellent job of assembling a team to prepare a appropriate space for this facility.
Here are a few photos of the new library before many of the already donated books and literature have been placed on the shelves.
The facility will be a repository for books, literature, factory drawings and other Model T related information and will be available to members for reading and research on Model T related subjects.
Many Model T hobbyists have collected Model T related books and literature over the years and this would be a great place to make tax deductible donations in Bruce McCalley's memory.
There are currently over 500 books and other pieces of literature that will be included and space has been allocated for additional contributions by the MTFCA membership.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 09:58 am:

Here are some better photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Very well done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:08 am:

The Man Himself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:14 am:

This is indeed a fitting memorial to the man who did so much for our Model T Hobby. Thank you, Ron, for reminding us.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorentz K. Lorentzen, Norway on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:18 am:

Great work you have done in memory of a great man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Thanks Ron for all the work you have done on the Memorial Library in the name of Bruce and the time you have put into our hobby.
Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Very nice.

I'm new to T's but have referred to his book many times already.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Does the library have a scanner and a printer? These items are needed in such a library.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Very nice! I'll have to be sure to stop and visit on my way home from Hershey. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

I suggest that Steve J's picture of Bruce have a prominent place in the room. ( maybe this has already been thought of )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

Mere words cannot convey just how wonderful that is.

Thank you, to all that made this happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Ron, I have the 3 volume series of the Allan Nevins books that belonged to Bruce. I'd like to donate them to the library. No one will ever match the contribution Bruce made to our hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Kim
Send your contribution to Susan Yeager at MTFCA HQ Richmond, Indiana.
Suggest you have a book plate made and pasted inside the cover to identify the Library as the intended recipient and you as the donor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

Kim,

That is very thoughtful indeed.

Hope the fishing is good.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

The MTFCA Model T Museum is privileged to establish the Bruce McCalley Memorial Library and Research Center. In November we will post photos of the completed Library. A video of the November 4 Dedication Ceremony is also planned and will be posted. True to the goal of honoring Bruce, a special photo will hang in the Library, in addition to the bronze plaque pictured in this post.

Our dedicated volunteers have planned out the details to make this a place for Model T enthusiasts to come read and spend quality time on research projects. It will be equipped with a computer, scanner, and printer. We are developing guidelines and rules for use of the library. It is not a lending library, so all resources will remain on site.

The Museum will gratefully accept any of these items you might have tucked away
Books and literature related to Model Ts, Henry Ford, and Ford Motor Company
Original advertising, service books and catalogs, pamphlets, dealership literature, bills of sale, calendars, etc.
Artwork, drawings, pre-1945 photos
Original Ford Motor Company correspondence from Model T era.

All donations are tax deductible and can be sent to:
Model T Museum
Attn: McCALLEY LIBRARY
309 North 8th Street
Richmond, IN 47374-3034

Any specific questions about the Library or making donations can be directed to me at susan@mtfca.com. Thanks to all for making this new resource a reality.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Found this in my desk - It's a keeper :-).

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

The only time I met Mr. McCalley was at the museum in Richmond during the centennial celebration. I commented to no-one in particular wondering what the Model T pedal car was worth and he stated it was lots more than I thought. I turned, recognized him, and felt like I was meeting a movie star! We then proceeded to talk not about Model T's but health issues. I miss him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 05:52 am:

How wonderful.

Wayne Sheldon - your words say it all.

I do hope there is a good portrait of Mr McCalley on the walls on the library. Such as the one that Steve Jelf from KS added above, which is a great picture.

I shall donate a copy of my own book, due in November, to this facility. SUSAN YEAGER please see my PM to you.

John Stokes
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

Who are the four gentlemen, third photo down from the top of this thread please?

John Stokes
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

John, these gentlemen are members of the Indy 500 Chapter (Indianapolis, Indiana) who along with Jerry Kramer led the construction of the library. Left to right they are: Scott Norris, Tony Wiltshire, Jim Roof, and Dick Harold. What an awesome job they did!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

Tony Wilshire & Jerry Kramer live at the MTFCA Museum & Annex .....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Friday, December 08, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Thanks Susan. I look forward to visiting it some day.

Best wishes,
John
New Zealand

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration