Calling Out Up State New Yorkers - Tour Interest

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Calling Out Up State New Yorkers - Tour Interest
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Thinking about putting together a tour next year.

It would take place in Delaware County (East of Binghamton) highlighting the counties five historical covered bridges.

Plenty of rural roads perfect for Ts with much to see and unique places to stay.

Is this something you folks might be interested in?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Hmm ... is that upstate New York ? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Uppish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Anything north of Poughkeepsie is considered upstate. Where I used to live in Fine NY is considered northern NY. 80% of NY people live in upstate NY and is why northern NY people don't have a chance with any elections. IE> NY Safe Act. One main reason I will never go back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Dix on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Downstate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Lots of neat places to visit like the old paper mill...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F Stephens-Marcle on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

I for one would be interested in a tour of the area, spent many happy hours all through that part of the state in the 70's and 80's...(Born and raised in Binghamton) Lots of history, scenic views, and T friendly driving, as in slow speed limits and secondary roads.this would be a terrific opportunity to enjoy our cars , some beautiful countryside, and meet new folks...sounds a great time !! A long haul from North Carolina, but worth the trip !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Crosby Webster, NY on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

I'd be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Spittler on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 07:58 pm:

I'd be interested also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

I'm interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 08:31 pm:

I'm interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clyde Gibson on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

I would be interested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Western Ny. West of Binghamton,
Upstate North of Albany
Draw a line east along the Pa border to Ct and anything south of it belongs to the city.
The left over space is questionable.

You are in the armpit and more like Pa than NY

Both of my kids and wife were born in Western NY where logic lives.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

So before winter sets in I'm going scope out possible routes for a 2 to 3 day tour.

A trip through the Catskill Mountains could be included. Many possibilities and much to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 11:20 pm:

Me too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 08:40 am:

I like the idea of keeping it down to 3 days. Frankly, after 4 days of all-day touring, I'm whipped! Has a lot to do with not sleeping well in a strange bed more than anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clyde Gibson on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 09:21 am:

I like the 3 day tour. Time you drive to get to the tour and back home 5 day tours are long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 09:50 am:

I could be willing to cross the border from Canada for such a tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 01:04 pm:

Seems like there's some interest.

Moving forward I will keep everyone posted of my progress on putting this tour together via this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 01:38 pm:

I'd be interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lenney Glenn on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

When?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

Before you firm up a date, you might want to see what other clubs are doing.

1. You don't want another tour on the same weekend.

2. If your tour can dovetail with another, people who have to come a long way can sign up for yours and the other one, thereby amortizing their trailering effort over two tours. I do this often. For instance, this year I went to a Snappers tour in Indiana, immediately followed by a VMCCA tour in Illinois. I doubt I'd have made that drive from NJ for just one tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Kelly on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

I second Gil the elder's suggestion to try and arrange this tour with another event / tour not too far away (maybe a couple of hundred miles or less) as I too try to tie tours together if I am traveling any distance to participate.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration