My Favorite Model T Book

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My Favorite Model T Book
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 08:19 am:

Last year when I was teaching in England I picked up a vintage copy of the eight edition of The Original Book of the Ford by R. T. Nicholson, Temple Press, London.

If there were only three vintage books to have on your bookshelf the Ford section of Dykes Manual, Ford Service Manual and The Original Book of the Ford would be enough in regards to understanding how your T works and how to service it. The Book of the Ford has more tips and simple explanations on the inner workings of your model T than any other book I know.

Nicholson also wrote a couple of companion volumes on specific model T topics including The Book of the Ford Electrical Equipment. The only down side is the quality of the paper in these English books that have a high wood pulp content. So ... when you do a internet search for these books make sure you ask about paper condition before you buy. They are available from around $25-60 depending on the condition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Mark,Have you read Tin Lizzie by Stern??

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration