Water inlet with script

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Water inlet with script
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Budreau on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

I picked up a couple water/antifreeze cast iron inlets at a swap meet. After a good cleaning they have a Ford script. One is a larger Ford script, the other is a smaller logo/script.

Both of my Ts don't have any script on the water inlet.

Could anyone offer insight? Which inlets are more likely original or factory? Is it safe to assume the Ford script cast iron inlets are original?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

You didn't mention the year of your car! How are we supposed to help you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

The early Model Ts did not have the Ford script on the water inlets. I'm not sure of the year that was added, but I believe it was after 1915. Ford added the logo to more and more parts as time went by. This was an attempt at deterring the use of "spurious parts."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

Chad, Most parts up to 1919 don't have a Ford script on them. After 1919, many parts have the script, such as the water inlet / outlet. I don't know exactly when it was added to the water inlet though.

The parts without the script could simply be parts made before the script was added (A lot of cars were made prior to 1919...) or they could be replacement parts. The new reproductions do not have a script for example.

Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Budreau on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 07:49 am:

Thanks! I was considering replacing my inlets with these, especially if they were factory originals - not that anyone would really notice. Of course as I've learned it's probably best to leave well enough alone - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

BTW I have a 1923/24 Tudor and a 1915 Speedster.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration