Hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, September 29, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

I plan to keep in touch while in Harrisburg via my laptop. I hope to see many of you there. The weather looks great, hopefully we'll find lots of good stuff. Till Then,
Larry Smith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 09:05 am:

I will be there with my tablet, hope we meet up somewhere! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 09:30 am:

I'm bringing my shopping cart and backpack. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 10:11 am:

I'll be there, mostly at the MTFCA site: C4Q 34 to 38. Stop in and say Hi, water, etc.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

I'll start heading east tomorrow and can't wait to be at Hershey. While in PA I decided to visit Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton on Tuesday and then backtrack to the Hershey area in time for Wed-Sat at the swap meet. Hope to meet many of my fellow forum members.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Rich, we went to Steamtown yesterday & if you like steam trains, this is the place to go. They cover the whole gamut from when steam trains started in the early 1800's up to the phasing out of steam and the beginning of diesel. You won't be disappointed.

We're in Hershey now at the Highmeadows campground, and it's very quiet....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 10:19 am:

How much a night do they charge this year? I know that they charge from the day you check in till Saturday. This for the camping across the street at the old airport. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Keith: The Strasburg RR in Lancaster Co is another nice stop as you head back to Hershey from Steamtown. See you Wed, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Hi James, We're already in Hershey, and will be heading straight home after the show on Saturday.

Hope to meet you at the MTFCA site.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

Larry, did you come to the forum posters gathering at the MTFCA?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Not quite sure where to put Hershey reports, so here will do.
Hershey is a BIG swap meet. Today I more or less covered two fields out of a total of five. This is an AACA event so it caters to cars from 1901 up to the 1990 modern iron. In addition there are car related toys and tools everywhere. I walked from 8am until 4pm with an short break for lunch. Iím tired.
Model T parts are not everywhere though I did see a 1910 square door hogs head and two 1910 coil boxes. Fortunately they were not as good as the ones I already have. There where about twenty Model Ts for sale from a beautifully restored 1909 to an rusty 1926 chassis.
Who was looking for T wire wheels with hubs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Another day walking for seven hours and Iím shattered (again). I even found some T bits but lusting after cars was the biggest item in the Green field.

The MG is pure lust, it has no earthly use and in detail itís not a very good restoration.

The Rolls could be used, great for dinner dates.

The Ford Sedan Convertible is one of the best in its class, almost a perfect restoration.

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on October 05, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

No, I didn't come to the forum posters meeting! I come to the meet to find T parts! BTW, I'm not finding much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Crosby Webster, NY on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

I was Hershey Yesterday and today and found (bought) lots of good T parts for my many T projects, I must not be as fussy.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff V on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

There's a few Hershey pictures over on my instagram (link in profile) of some of the fancy things. I haven't walked the field much since I've been minding the booth. Crowds and sales seem to be up from last year (at least for me). I figured that would be the case since the economy seems to be improving.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration