Made an improvement to a hood ornament for the T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Made an improvement to a hood ornament for the T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer -- Saginaw, MI on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Sometime back it was suggested that the hood ornament "Air Ford" that I reproduced several years back made originally as a toy plane by the Hubley Toy Company in the later 20's and later got used as an ornament on both the Model A as well as on the Model T's. Then someone suggested it should've been a biplane rather than an a lower wing monoplane given the time period so I redesigned the original into a biplane and it sold well to guys with early T's. However, it was then made as a suggestion by people using this ornament that they had a problem with the tail of the airplane striking the hood when opened.

So I went back and addressed this problem with a mounting bracket that moved the ornament forward so that there was room to clear the tail rather then of having to turn the ornament around so the propeller faced rearward to then open the hood. With the new bracket it has about 1/4" clearance from the tail to the front edge of the hood as pictured.
I'm going to be at Hershey at RCJ 50&51 so if any of you that have one of these and would like to purchase this bracket I have made a few of them including this domed bolt & nut that can be used with the bracket to mount on a T radiator cap. Will also have other T hood ornaments as well as these Air Fords in both the biplane and monoplane designs and in different colors. Bob

air fordair fordair ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

Will see you next week save me one if you will. Is this your normal over by the stadium? Jim

plane

(Message edited by tfan on September 30, 2017)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration