Totally and completely OT: Non-car Scottish activity

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Totally and completely OT: Non-car Scottish activity
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

In addition to car events, I also go to non-car-related things. Today it was the St. Louis Scottish Games and Cultural Festival. I have attended every year since it started and was even on the Board for about five years. The weather was fantastic and it was a great day.

Me with my son-in-law and my grandtwins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

I have been to the Scottish Games several times here in Califunny over the years. They haven't gotten me into a kilt yet, however.
Glad you and the family had a good time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 02:05 am:

We have the Scottish Highland Games here in Prescott, AZ in May. I always enjoy the event and make it a point to attend each year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 07:08 am:

Being of Scotch-English descent, it's always been on my list of things I've got to do - but I just ain't got de legs for da kelt!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 04:38 am:

Now clearly Dick you are VERY silly!

Has the single malt selection caused you this confusion?

The reason that you go go the St. Louis Scottish Games and Cultural Festival (closely related to the Scottish Highland Games, let me remind you) is that Scotland is the location of Ben Nevis. Ben Nevis was the Model T proving ground for Britain. You will know the story - so this is neither OT nor Off-Topic :-). I'm told there was a haggis atop the peak for the winner?

The only mystery in this tale is, how is it that the Scottish male can wear a skirt while undertaking such feats?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 10:51 am:

John, the vendors at the Games have a great many T shirts for sale. One reads:

"It's a kilt. If I were wearing something under it, it would be a skirt."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

The answer I like is "Nothing is worn. It's all in proper working order."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

I'm 81. Would that it were true!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 01:54 pm:

At an antique phonograph show some years back, one of the vendors was wearing a kilt. Not what you normally see. As I walked past him, I noticed the T-shirt he was wearing had something printed on the back. It said, "I know you're looking at me". Funny!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration