Carb Pic Request

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Carb Pic Request
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heiser on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Does anyone have a picture of a typical carburetor setup on the engine of a '25 T? I have a roadster Pickup I am bringing back to life as a retirement project. The car I have has no carb rods attached and I am learning on the fly. Is there any resource that has picture references for me as I learn?
Thanks all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

Here is a pic of the Kingston L4 on Betsy, my 1924 cut-off touring (now a pickup). A 1925 with a Kingston L4 or Holley NH and the early style choke linkage would look the same.

pic

Some time in 1925, Ford switched to the combination choke/mixture rod setup, which used a universal joint at the top of the mixture screw:

pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

For a 1926-27 photos please see the photos at the end of the posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/565968.html?1440967480
And also:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/590015.html?1448744894

Why point you there? Because a later 1925 could have the carb with a swivel adjustment like the 1926-27 or one with a “U-shaped” rod end like the 1909-midish1925. And you can fit that carb to an earlier car.

Below are photos of an unrestored 1925 with the “U-shaped” carb adjusting rod and a non-starter engine: Photos form the Mar-Apr 1988 “Vintage Ford” used by permission to promote our club and hobby.

There are photos for both a a 1917 non-starter as well as a 1922 starter engine at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/108678.html?1254937178

I’m 90% sure that the Service Bulletins are available on line – but I am not finding the link right now. I look some more later. They and/or the Ford Service would most likely have illustrations and/or photos of both style setups.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Heiser on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

These pics do help. I went back to my T and understand more about the carb linkages now.
Thanks all/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Ramsey, Bruceton Mills, WV on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Dave,
As Hap mentioned, later 1925 carbs may have the combination choke/mixture rod with a universal joint arrangement at the top of the carb. Both my 1925 Tudor and 1925 Touring with engine numbers of June 1925 have this type set up. The firewalls still have the older style holes but they are not used. Below are pictures of my 1925 Tudor which looks the same as my 1925 Touring.
CU of universal
Close up of universal joint and linkage on top of NH carb.Note: on this picture the choke wire from the radiator is not attached.
Rod thru firewall
Shows rod from carb up through firewall.
Old holes
Shows rod passing through lower hole and unused holes for older style linkage.
Showing top of rod and combination handle as it appears on dash.
Showing top of rod and combination handle as it appears on dash.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration