Brass & Nickel Car Show at Museum of Transportation

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brass & Nickel Car Show at Museum of Transportation
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 05:36 pm:

Today was the annual Horseless Carriage Club Brass & Nickel Car Show at the St. Louis County Museum of Transportation. Actually, "Brass & Nickel" is a bit of a misnomer. The show is open to all cars 1931 or earlier. I didn't make an exact count, but think that Model Ts were the largest group, followed by the As. There were also several Buicks, a Chevrolet, a couple of Moons, a Dorris (Moon and Dorris were cars manufactured in St. Louis) and several trucks. I had kind of expected more cars, but the turnout was at least respectable. Got to talk to a lot of people I haven't seen for a while and met one who knew me from this forum but we had never met. Temp was in the mid-70s, so it was a nice day to stand around among old cars and chat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Nice, thank you. Always enjoyed fall season car events.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 05:53 pm:

Thanks for posting those, Dick. I would have driven Betsy up from Hillsboro, but I ended up spending the day packing and preparing my daily driver for the trip to Hershey starting tomorrow morning. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 04:24 am:

Dick - your contributions on this forum are always worth reading, and its little wonder people recognise your name when it comes to old car meets. You do speak good sense! When I visit from NZ I will know your name!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 04:59 am:

I see some nickel but no brass!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Thank you, John. A nice compliment.

One of the best bosses I ever had was when I was working in Amsterdam. He was from Auckland and told me one day with a serious look on his face, "Auckland is such a dull place that the newspaper once had a banner headline that read, 'Woman almost hit by bus.'" :-)

Bill, that's because I took the pictures before Steven Williams arrived there with his '12.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration