More Holley NH questions, this time spray needle length

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: More Holley NH questions, this time spray needle length
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

After looking at the 25 carb picture request thread, I think I have a problem with my NH refurbish. My used spray needle that I believe to be part # 6213B-31 swivel type, seems to be too long. The needle part of the assembly is about 2 3/8" long from the pointed tip to the threaded part. After screwing in the needle into 6208B, and into the carb body it is still about 5/16" from touching the part on the swivel that I assume is there to put resistance on the needle to keep it from losing adjustment. What I need is a measurement of a "good" needle from the tip to the start of the threads. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 09:46 pm:

I suspect you have installed the earlier "nut" type of friction fitting and not the longer part with a cylindrical extension that the two fingers on the universal swivel grip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

The part #6208B as pictured in the Lang's catalog looks like the one used. Still leaning towards the needle being too long, for some odd reason. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

Here is a picture of the 2 side by side. The needles are the exact same length but the threaded sections are in different places. Tape is around where the threads end. The T style screws into the carburetor body, the u-joint style screws into the threaded brass but. You can't mix the needles and locknuts but they will work on the same carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 12:31 am:

Dave and Corey, The Holley NH, Holley Vaporizer, Simmon's Super Power, and Western Auto Wizard carburetors all used similar looking needle valve. I found this out when I tried to use an NH valve in a Simmons. Check and make sure what you've got; is what you THINK you've got.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Terry

outstanding suggestion...you're right, of course, and I never considered that this might be the issue. Dave...be sure to take Terry's advice and double check...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Could be the problem. Had a box of carbs, that I'm trying to make one out of. Still would like to get a measurement to confirm my suspicions. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:48 am:

I believe the Kingston needles were longer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

The Simmons needles were like the NH but the steel sharpened section is shorter.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration