How does my low band look?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: How does my low band look?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Guys,

Changed the oil and inspected the screen (absolutely no lint or debris), looking at my low band lining thoughts on if it should be changed and if the band is the easier style with ears?
Reverse drum is a little pitted but I'm not going to worry about that....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Seems as though you have more adjustment threads left on the external adjuster & the spring isn't close to being compressed.

Unless changed out at some time by a previous owner, chances are those are not "demountable" ear bands but you should be able to see if by chance they are, by inspecting the driver's side band - you should be able to verify.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:46 am:

I should clarify - if installed correctly, the removable ear should be on the driver's side (pedal side) but I have seen them installed opposite !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Can't see enough to tell, John. I doubt if you can tell the condition of the lining by looking here. If it's grabbing well and you have adjustment left it's OK I'd think. No lint is good !!

Need a view a bit deeper into the inspection hole to tell if you have quick change bands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

Just seeing the top little bit really does not tell the overall condition of the bands. They could look good on the top and be completely gone on the bottom.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration