Speedometer info needed. Thinking on getting one!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Speedometer info needed. Thinking on getting one!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Banks on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

I've been thinking about putting one on my 23 Roadster. Is there a certain brand/model that was a common accessory on this year and what all parts do I need? Anything I should be looking at/for when purchasing one (to make sure it works!)? And what is a fair price.
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

Most common & best (IMO) is a Stewart 160 which would be a correct era accessory for your year. Get in contact with Russ Furstnow after he gets home from Hershey - he posts on here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 02, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Do as Steve says, you won't regret it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 01:51 am:

The Stewart 160 may be the most common, but it is way behind the Corbin in the quality stakes. The cast steel swivel, the cast links in the drive chain, the brass chassis in the instrument itself, are way better than the potmetal stuff in the Stewart offerings.

That said, you will be competing with the motorcycle restorers for Corbin stuff, and it will cost a pretty penny.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

Alan,
Corbin speedometers and Jones speedometers are by far the finest speedometers available for a Model T, BUT a Corbin is much more expensive than a Stewart setup, and they are very rare. I hope this helps, Russ Furstnow

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration