Fuel line routing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fuel line routing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 08:38 am:

So, I ordered everything from the gas tank to the carburetor for our '23. I am replacing the rubber fuel line the previous owner had in place. Everything I ordered is to put it back to stock appearance. I even got the directions on how to bend the gas line. The problem is I don't see how bending the gas line that way is going to work? It states to put an "S" bend in the line offsetting the line 6 and a half inches. That just does not seem like enough to me? Can anyone here provide a picture of their stock gas line routing? I assume the gas line runs between the exhaust pipe and the engine block, correct?
Thank you for your time,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Hand in there Willis...

there is a good diagram of fuel line routing out there...I just can't lay my hands on it...someone will and it will all become clear...now, back to the top, for a better response!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

I can't take the credit for these. This was posted by somebody else and I saved them to my files. Hope they help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 08:48 pm:

Thanks Eric

that's what I was hoping would get posted for Willis.

And Willis...use rubber hose cut to fit as packing for the carb and sediment bowl fittings...forget the felt packing. The dealers sell this little rubber packing but it is simply fuel hose that will press over the fuel line and still stuff into the packing area of the fitting...it's about a 3/8" long fuel hose bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

No problem here with the felt packing, but I'm for anything that works !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Tuesday, October 03, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Hmm. My felt packing is 11 years old. It's not leaking. I better replace it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

I bought the felt packing but, not sure now if I should use it?

Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Slide the pack nut on the tubing, then the packing, insert tubing into the fitting until it bottoms, push the packing and nut to engage the threads, finger tighten, then cinch up the pack nut firm, try for leaks, if you get a dribble, tighten until it stops.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration