What did you do on your T this October?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What did you do on your T this October?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 03:54 am:

Someone probably started this thread already but I figured I'd point out that you don't need to throw away coils that have dead secondaries. There appears to be two per coil and only one is shorted or burnt out so...

Start combining them. Someone threw these out, crazy huh? 8 of them makes a whole set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 08:48 am:

I like the idea of re-purposing. Good going. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william m leahy on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Finished installing the interior in my coupe. Interior

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

William, that really looks nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

I really like the way that material looks. Great job.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

Finally worked on some cars of my own. I have two I want to swap engines in. Pulled both out in 3 hours with a half hour lunch break, two of us on the job. I'll have to look at the time study in the Ford manual. They probably wanted faster than that with hand tools and no car hoist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william m leahy on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Thanks Rich. It's been a bit of a challenge, but nothing compared to the work you have posted. I also like the overall look. It has just enough of that somber Victorian look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william m leahy on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Sorry, and John. We were typing at the same time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 02:46 pm:

Nice work William.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 03:24 pm:

I drove mine to both churches on the 1st where I am organist....... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

I had worked on my TT earlyer this year trying to get it to run.Redid a carb and that didn't fix it. Left it sit while I worked on other peoples stuff all summer. Got agitated today and decided to get it out and see if I could determine what was wrong. Fired right up and drove it around the house here and made a right turn in the yard and she cut off and wouldn't run again for more than a few seconds full choke. I thought "well whatever is wrong should be easy to find." Turns out the inlet to my fuel bowl had what I think was some kind of a small bug in it,blocking fuel. I drove it a good bit after I cleaned that out and even had a couple free starts!:-)
I know the glass tractor bowel aint right but it works. I don't think this bug would have blocked a factory bulb.But it had the inlet of the bowel stopped up 90%
But being my TT sets in a open shed,it gets DUSTY. I think this time after i clean it up good I am going to put something over it like a canvas or something.the blue tarps don't hold up well.Here is a picture of what has caused me alot of grief. I also want to redo the timer wiring,seems there may be a issue with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 12:04 am:

Last week picked up a whole load of model T stuff that I donít really need lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Magneto coils:
There was one good piece of card stock from which we made a template of aluminum. We used 1/4 and 1/2 inch Kapton tape to insulate and wrap each coil. A piece of 1/16 inch gasket was used as the spacer to wind each coil directly on the post. Starting at the output terminal as 12:00 O'clock, going clockwise, the coils were numbered 1 thru 16. All the even numbered coils are wound clockwise, odd numbered coils wound counterclockwise. It makes sense this way and we have two examples just like that. All the beginning tabs start pointing up except for the first (#1) which goes underneath the coil, to connect to the ground. #13 happens to be the coil next to the starter and both our examples were broke. Still has way to go.
magneto coils

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

This thread needed a bump back up to the top. :-)
Vern, that's outstanding! All yous guys are busy!
Just messin' around with the coils and box for Lucky the TT today.
Remember when the Beaver's older brother (Tony Dow?) told Ward that? "Aww gee dad, just messin' around."
A beautiful 50 degree day in the sunshine here so I was outside the little shop after I pulled the box and coils. :-)
They got wet when I left him uncovered during the last rains, dopey me.
Water ran like a funnel between the cowl and firewall, right on the box back wall and coils. Of course, no box cover on.
A little clean up and cleaning the threads on the terminals. Making ready to dry them all out and then calling John R. at Fun Projects.
Look at that original black paint on the box and the wood...
Hmmm. Photos will show things unseen and then sometimes photos will refuse to show what the eye can see clearly.

box

box

(Message edited by Duey_C on October 10, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

I cleaned up a really nice coil box for my 26 rpu. Came out really nice the box was extremely straight. That's all so far. I have been stripping the wheels I am putting on the rpu. One of the wheels has a bad spoke. Need to swap them to be safe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

I drove mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Berg - West Bloomfield, MI on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

I took my Huckster to my 10th anniversary homecoming at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, Indiana. The statue behind is called the Flame of the Millennium.

Rose_Flame

Appropriately enough, as with all my cars, this one has a name, and it's name is Rose...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Installed a front fender brace that I found at Hershey. :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

Not on my T, but a '26 Tudor which belongs to an AR Tin Lizzies club member. I installed a Ruckstell and disc brakes.

r&d

r&d2

I used Chaffin's Ruckstell kit, and it was a pleasure. I had rebuilt a few Ruckstells, replacing a bad part here and there, but never the kit of all-new parts. It was great!

And, of course, the Texas T Parts disc brake kit from Birdhaven is top-quality as well. These two modifications should make this car drive much better and safer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Got my rebuilt axle reinstalled, brakes hooked up, brake light circuitry finished, dash light wired, freeze plugs replaced, radiator and block flushed and replenished with proper antifreeze... and discovered a rod knock. There's just no winning some days.

The inspection cover is off now and I'm hoping to get at it this weekend. I sure hope there are some shims there to take out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 03:17 am:

IT LIVES!

The 23 engine is alive as of today :-)

This is the 44th T engine my mentor and friend has done - and it happens to have two "4"s in the serial number (but, alas, not side by side).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 08:29 am:

With my 1915 runabout's muffler decorating Bronco Road somewhere over in Chautauqua County, I installed the new one I picked up from Langs at Hershey. It's the 1921-1927 one. Why? $40.95 versus $214.95. It works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 11:04 am:

There you go blowing money again, Steve. You could have bought an FO-11 Ford tractor muffler for about 20 bucks at a farm store. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Got my cowl tank back in place. Tweaked the straps for a better fit than was done previously . Tank is fitting better than before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

After a long time thinking about it, I changed out to 12 volts (no lights yet, I can't get the rings off) and wish I had done it a long time ago. It is the next thing to a "Free Start" in my book. I may destroy my starter/Bendix the next start, but so far, so good. I had a 6 volt alternator, and found a Shop that was willing to try and put it back to 12. They were as much interested as I was to see how it worked, and they found several errors shall we say that needed attention anyway, one being the heat sink having the wrong lubricant. Wish me luck, on to the disc brakes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Grady -- Ken Kopsky in Lytle, TX can re-wire your starter for 12-v so it won't be damaged by the extra voltage. ccwken@wireweb.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

This will make the second month where nothing (well almost nothing) was done. The only "accomplishment" was finding an aluminum warford.

*Thanks Irma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Drove the 11 to the Paramount Ranch movie night. Last Saturday, had a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 13, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

I installed a longer fan adjusting bolt to raise the fan so it doesn't hit the crank ratchet, then hauled the sprayer down the road and attacked the Johnson grass and other weeds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Put two tires on this morning. Got it down to 10 minutes each. Easy with good rims. I had two that were rusted through. Got great replacements from Model T Haven.

Steve I'll take the Johnson grass, been trying to get it to grow in my yard for years with no luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

I drove mine the first time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Oleson on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

I took off one my wood wheels and tighten up the spokes. I finally got the turn signals working and the the magneto horn working. I am planning taking out the T for a little adventure tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 10:23 pm:

Did some paint touchups before assembly, polished a few screws also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, October 15, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Test drove my primitive pickup today with a new more open exhaust system. Headers from Red's headers in California, a 2" pipe and a straight through muffler gave a lower and louder tone to the exhaust, but still not at all unpleasantly loud.
The SU on a Vaporizer intake has already been there for a year, but the standard exhaust manifold had apparently held back the horses somewhat, since acceleration both uphill and at higher speeds improved noticeable. Will need a wide freeway to dare a long wide open test, but I expect closer to 70 mph now, while the GPS topped out at 63 before the last modification. I have also added an accessory foot feed, but it's still more convenient to use the hand throttle :-)

yui
dfg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 07:07 am:

I took care of a couple broken arms. When I got my Fordor, this pan had two replacement arms. I also had a 3 dip pan that was rusted out. I spent a few hours with a grinder and torch and got everything ready for replacement.

I was able to pop the old arms off with a chisel after removing the rivets and getting the broken arms red hot.

The arms from the 3 dip pan still had some pan metal stuck to them. The one in the foreground needed some press work to get it back to straight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Getting back to work on my T. Went to work on the magneto resetting the magnet heights. Ah poop, the set of screws are the wrong ones! My ring gear is the replacement that takes the 1/4 20 screws I have the others. My T's been down all summer waiting for babbitt so my Mo-Jo is getting low. Did get the hogs head oiler casting installed but don't like the placement of the fitting on the crankcase, would like it aimed more at the front so oil gets to timing gear and front main in case the inside oiler gets plugged.
Oh, I have also been doing some coil and carburetor work for a customer. One of the carbs is a straight thru NH.

(Message edited by redmodelt on October 16, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Sorry no pics - we were having too much fun and excitement. I've been nursing my broken leg since early August, made it to Hershey, but have not been able to get into the Model T for a while. Poor T has not been out since early June! I've been able to get into the garage to keep the brass polished a bit, but not much else. My daughter has been asking for "lessons" for quite some time and since the T needed to be run, we decided this weekend was lesson 1. Went thru the procedure, adjust mixture a big, turn it over a few times to prime, gas down, spark up, switch to battery - nada! My battery was dead and coils not buzzing. Rather than wait to hook up another battery or recharge, I showed her how to switch on Mag and said we'd try it that way. T was happy with a ladies touch I guess - started up on the first pull! Adjusted mixture, throttle and spark and it purred like a kitten. I was so tempted to try and jump in and show her how to get it moving but that will wait for another time. Still wearing a big "boot" and can probably press all three pedals at once while it's on. Should be able to give that second lesson in early Nov if all goes well though. Nice when you see your kids handling the T!
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 11:51 am:

I restored my 1911 Gas Tank. Sealer inside and new paint outside!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 02:51 pm:

Start the rebuild of a coil box last week. Finished it today.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, October 16, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Busy with other things, I haven't done diddly squat on my TT project for several years. well, today I set about putting wheels on it temporarily so I can move it around.

I didn't have all the bearings for the front wheels, so I went to the used parts stash and found just enough ball bearings and one outer Timken to mount the wheels.

Neither the front wheels, nor the tires, nor the bearings are good enough for driving, but they will do for just shoving the chassis around.

Tomorrow I'll roll the chassis outside and sweep up all the leaves that have blown into the barn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 12:31 am:

I moved the TT (Lucky) into it's new parking spot today. More room to work on his rear tire area.
He and I are dialed in again and he starts on three pulls like I smarted off about last fall and winter. :-)
He's a messed up, stalwart ol' derelict Ton Truck with a Vaporizer and he messes with me. :-)
Steve, I am anxious for more pics of your TT project in whatever form.
Golly-day! Yous guys are busy!
Roger, you are so correct about the T exhaust manifold being a NON flowing unit! :-)
Thankfully, I don't have many pics of my header arrangement before I bought a correct Ex manifold.
I should've broken a crankshaft before a correct manifold. Wow, could Lizzhe pull up this hill...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Steve, These could help with or without wheels.

Harbor Freight put's these on sale often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

I moved the TT (Lucky) into it's new parking spot today. More room to work on his rear tire area.
He and I are ....

Nice! My Albert (TT) is a HE as well. Just doesn't seem right to call a TT a female... maybe I am old fashioned :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Here's my latest installation on our '14 Touring - I've had this Thomas Elevator for years and the recent thread on Thomas distributor/timer elevators got me thinking that perhaps I'll try it on - seems to be O.K. - re-made a second different spark rod - attempted to utilize the correct swivel on the lower end but too much "monkey-motion" !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william m leahy on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 05:11 pm:

Repaired and re-painted the quarter on my coupe which was damaged during reassembly. Gerr!!Coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

Wow - that is really shiney !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart clipson on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

finally finished getting my whites mounted. only took me 4 years to gather up the courage. also did it with the wheels on the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

I looked at mine. :-(

It needs the rear end torn apart. :-(

I hope to have time in 5 weeks to start working on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

I left home thursday in my 1915 Touring and drove 160 miles to the south to Cass West Virginia for an "Over night Tour". Everyone met me there. By the time the tour was complete, and I returned back home in my 15, I had driven 445 miles in Henry's contraption, through some of the most beautiful mountain scenery the country has to offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

found that the square holes on my windshield stanchions weren't square

so I added some material

then used available tool to make them square again

then I found the square holes were bigger than the square portion of modern carriage bolts which is probably why the square holes were not square

The next size up carriage bolt square is the right size so I will buy 4 turn them down and give them the right size threads and go from there does it ever end!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Rebuilt the generator for the '23 runabout.

Test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Forward progress ceased to occur in the 26 Fordor. I was sure that with the sounds that it was a broken crank. My son came from Seattle to help and we pulled the engine. As the drive line separated, lots of parts fell out. There was a catastrophic failure of the ball bearing fourth main and the U joint. The U joint rivets had sheared and the arms were totally trashed. The bearing housing had a ring where the bearings hammered the brass. When I pulled the cover off the hog's head, there were several pieces of steel that looked like gear teeth and pieces of brass. When draining the oil, there were more teeth. So this means a complete tear down is ahead for this winter!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Today I ran down to Erik Barrettís shop and picked up a handful of hub bolts then went home and fished out the dozen best spokes from the bucket of reject spokes. With new spokes hovering at around $14 a copy rejects morph into maybes.

So this afternoon Rusty emerged from his two week slumber and sallied forth on a neighborhood drive. The rear wheel with the clocked spokes finally gave up the ghost and is now reborn as a roadworthy demountable.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

I am sorry for the double post... removed.

TH

(Message edited by Thorlick on October 21, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 08:42 am:

Getting ready to restore the top assembly. I cleaned the remains of cloth and tacks from the wood bows so that I could use them as patterns. Now I need to establish if they are actually the correct shape. Need to look at other examples for comparison.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Removed the loose, rattling crank pulley...

... and put in a better one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Drove nearly 700 miles round trip to pick up a 1925 touring body from Bob Bergstadt:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/801209.html?1508688624

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Pulled the front end this morning. Ran out of excuses for not fixing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Went to the 40th annual Texas T Party in Kerrville TX with nearly 100 Model Ts and changed out the front beehive Hasslers on my '26 roadster to more correct pancake Hasslers when I returned home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Well I had a gas tank to install and plumb it and fill it with gas and start the engine, check for leaks. Finished it and went and took a nap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe LaMacchia, St. Louis, MO. on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Packed up a 1924 Touring and a Tudor Sedan in a 24' enclosed trailer for transport. Thanks to previous threads for assuring me that they will just barely fit into a 24' trailer. And they do!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Had to fix a loose crank pulley on Andy (25 touring)and saw this

the crank pin was bent and I had to break it to get the pin out.
While I had the radiator out I thought I would flush it out and this came out of the neck

and a closer view

Anyone care to take a guess as to how that got in the radiator?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:43 am:

Apparently not through "common sense".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

Today we are shortening TT driveshafts. Also getting the T racer ready for the hill climb next weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Now that I received some metal splice plates from Donnie Brown, and a bunch of RV Anderson's correct "wood upholstery tack strip bolts",

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/802341.html?1509227438

I'm working on temporarily test fitting and installing the rest of the new body wood kit that came with the '25 touring body I bought last week from Bob Bergstadt. So far, so good.

I can't leave the wood on permanently, because it will make the body too tall to tip sideways and wiggle out of the sliding glass door in my basement! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Today, I washed the 22, aired up the tires, charged the battery, and drove it to our history museum. I was there 2 hours but unfortunately we didn't have any visitors today so I drove it home and parked it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eck Sheppard on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

I re built my 26 rear end due to thrust washer failure. Being a newbe I'm not telling how many time it was apart for various reasons. Got it installed this week and drove it around the block. So far so good. Today I adjusted the rear band a notch. Now on to the bodywork and tweek odds and ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 08:08 am:

Spending the morning inside (raining out), re-downloading all of the Doodlebug pictures from this site since the 2014 thread started. I lost all of them off the old computer when the hardrive blew up. Some tedious work, and I thought I had them backed up, I was wrong. Back to "right click, save".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:43 am:

Used it to ascertain that bluetooth speakers don't really like coil generated interference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Hello gentlemen I have been working on paining and putting my speedster together Hopefully in the next month Iíll have the motor completely together I am re-plumbing it for a oil pump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Another new axle seal. Several months ago I replaced the left seal while rebuilding the brakes on my 1916 touring. All seemed to go as usual with no hang ups. Recently I noticed grease pouring out of the brake drum. When I took it apart, I noticed the neoprene seal, (the one with the steel washer glued to it) came out with the washer convex rather than flat. I replaced the seal but this time I used short piece of pipe that just fit over the axle to ensure the washer stayed flat. I hope this solves the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Had a new top bulit for my 14 by Joe Anino

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Whew! Glad this month is over. After a hectic Hershey only had a few days to unload the treasures before reloading the truck with trains and heading back down to Pennsylvania for the eastern TCA meet at York

After arriving home only had two days to get the runabout ready for it's winter storage

Reloaded the truck for a swap meet last Sunday and unloaded what didn't sell. Been cleaning and rearranging my garage last few days to move the Coupelet in as I promised the bride she could have her garage back for winter. All this fun has put a crimp in the honey do list.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration