What year is this hub?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What year is this hub?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Going through the piles of parts I bought at an auction, I have run across a few items I need help with. This hub is different from the rest of the hubs I got. It has more threads where the cap goes, the shoulder is squared off just below the threads, and the FORD script is larger. So what year is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 01:24 am:

With the Ford script on it, 1919 or later. Front hubs did vary a lot in minor details. Sharper here, more rounded there kind of stuff. The earlier earlier ones had much longer threaded area (like twice as much). This is not one of those.
I too would like to see a definitive answer to which ones were used when. With many of the best model T people in Hershey right now, we may have to wait awhile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Your hub is a typical late hub.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration