Champion FORD Plugs ?????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Champion FORD Plugs ?????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Going through the piles of parts I bought at an auction, I have run across a few items I need help with. I got some spark plugs and the four on the bottom have the words "Champion" and "Ford" on them. They look just like the Champion X ones in the top row but have two company names on them "Champion" and "Ford". So what can anybody tell me why there are two company names on them, are they factory originals?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 05:44 am:

Guessing a bit here - I think the Ford marked Champions were spark plugs Champion made for Ford to put in their new cars on the line in the 1919-27 period, while the Champion X marked plugs were made to sell at general auto parts stores and later after Model T production stopped. Ford dealers mat have had Ford marked Champions even some time after T production ended?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

This may shed some light:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/694411.html?1480090008

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration