WHAT YEARS ARE THESE RADIATOR CAPS?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: WHAT YEARS ARE THESE RADIATOR CAPS?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Wednesday, October 04, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

Going through the piles of parts I bought at an auction, I have run across a few items I need help with. There are several radiator caps in the picture. One is aluminum, and one has shorter ears on it. So what makes these caps special and what Model T years are they for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 06:56 am:

Steven, the low eared one came after the cast caps used up to 1912. Later the taller eared caps were introduced. Most of the taller eared ones I have found are nickel plated, indicating they are 1917 or later, but there cold have been brass taller ones before the 1917 models. The exact timeline for each I do not know.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration