As seen at Hershey (picture thread).....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: As seen at Hershey (picture thread).....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

I thought I would start posting some of the pictures from the Hershey swap meet fields. If you've got pictures, please post them below.

What a great show!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

Great picture. Thanks Much.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:02 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Great pictures, but please post info on vehicles that are for sale. Thank you from those of us that couldn't make it!

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Looks great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

Neatest thing there was the Woods Mobilette...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

I would like to have that key board

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Here are some shots from yesterday. It's getting late and I'll get to today's later.

I didn't see Dean Yoder, but I saw his car.

Here's why Dean bought some new tires.

Pierce Arrow

1924 Rickenbacker

1909 Pierce

Oldsmobile

Cadillac, EMF, Ford

EMF, Ford

V-16 Caddy

V-16

1930 Ford, 1915 Ford, 1925 Star

Photo Stitch: two shots combined

Everybody knows that all Model T's were black. For those who doubt it, we have this 1909 touring as evidence.

You can spot John Regan's hat from way down the road.

Lots of different names on very similar jacks, almost as if they were all made by the same company.

That's it for now. More later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 12:39 am:

Thank all of you for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 01:11 am:

Thank you, some beautiful machinery there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 04:19 am:

Great pictures :-)
How's pricing compared to Chickasha?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 07:17 am:

I would say the price range is similar, from very cheap to very expensive, but there's less of the cheap stuff here.

I didn't take as many pictures on Thursday, but here's what I got.

It doesn't look much like Jack Haley, but it's pretty elaborate.

1917 Haynes: "America's First Car".

Haynes engine

Early T parade

1907 Cadillac

The big 1909 Pierce, with its shiny copper hood, was out for a cruise as I was leaving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:07 am:

I had wondered what became of Doug Susat's red T C-cab delivery after he passed away. He and I are from the same little town in western NY. My father had done some of the paint work on this and his touring car in the late 60's / early 70's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:34 am:

Dan and Steve, thanks for the pictures!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:39 am:

The Chicken Truck got a lot of attention all week. Asking price was $25k.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Berg's radiators standing at attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:55 am:

This body had a sign asking for help to identify it earlier in the week. I came back later to see a "SOLD" sign.

It is for a 1908 Northern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:51 am:

It is so nice to see these. Thanks for taking the time to share them.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

My pleasure!

1912 Oakland Touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

I believe the '55 Ford F 100 shown in the photo above, with the chicken advertising figure, was originally built to advertise Chicken Dinner Candy Bars.

Apparently, the company had a fleet of them built and had used autos and trucks outfitted like this since the '20s.

I found a photo on the net of what appears to be of the truck pictured above in its original "Chicken Dinner Candy Bar" livery. I'm going to attempt to post it. My apologies if it doesn't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Goddard Farmland, NJ on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

I saw a Steamer for $360,000. Almost Died haha.
But then this was in the back under a tent...WOW

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

Mike - You are right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Yes! Thank you all for taking the time to share the Hershey experience. So many wonderful cars I would like to see up close? But the photos are great regardless!
Again, Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

The ultimate sleeper car!

1956 Ford Country Squire. Listed at $46.5k and was sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

The pics are great! Many thanks for posting!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

I spent the day just wandering around as Universal were sold out of 30 x3 1/2 tires....

I donít think this one has been shown.

This was on Don Langís space, nice old stuff and prices to match.

I put some detail pictures of the 1910 on a different thread. Start for Home tomorrow but Iíll be going thru Iola to pick up some bits at Model T Haven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

And the final picture....no Hershey trip would be complete without spotting the "junk mobile". This guy's been at it for a long time and brings a smile to everyone he passes.

The show cars roll on the field tomorrow. Folks line both sides of the entry road since AACA rules state the vehicles must drive on under their own power. It is an awesome thing to watch.

Hope everyone has safe travels home and enjoyed the show. Can't wait until next year!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

P.S. Also hope that others can fill in some of the gaps for anything I missed once they get home and get to a computer. It is impossible to see it all but the pictures give you an idea!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I didn't shoot a lot of pictures today, but here are the ones I got.

1934 Packard

Optimistic pricing. I didn't see people lined up waiting to buy these.

1912 Stoddard Dayton

Dean must have stayed up late partying last night.

A pair of Fords for sale in the car corral.

Another case of optimistic pricing. It was nice alright, but $250?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Here's that missing shot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Thanks for posting these pictures Dan B! I hope to get to Hershey eventually but being from Minnesota it is a bit of a drive over there! I was curious on the 2 brass era T's in your first picture the roadster and touring were there any prices on them? Looks like alot of interesting T projects at Hershey this year. I'd like to find a brass era T to restore for a project. Thanks again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Sure, the prices on these three cars were $15.5k, $12.2k, and $10.5k respectively. The last one was posted over on the classifieds and the price seemed very negotiable.

I didn't post closeups of the signs because they have cell phone numbers on them and wasn't sure if it was a good idea to post them on a public forum or not. If anyone's interested, you can PM me for the phone numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

My dad was offered a 57 Ford hardtop convertible for our 1919. I am happy he didn't accept the offer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

The " '15" in the second to last photo sold for $9,500. It ran well with no smoke and drove very nicely. Engine c/d was June '16.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

Almost twenty years ago, my wife and I spent a weekend in Las Vegas. We never gambled even change. I am proud to say we are among the few that attended Vegas to see the Museums. At that time, the Imperial Palace collection had about twenty Duesenbergs on display in one room! Included was one that had belonged to Buddy Baer, the boxer, who had earlier spent much of his time in Livermore where we lived fifteen to forty years ago. We did not know it when we made our plans, but found out shortly before going, that there was going to be a major collector car auction that weekend. So naturally, we went to see the cars! Mostly, like in most such auctions for me, the cars were too new and of little interest. but there were a fair number of big-buck horseless carriages and fabulous classics, fun to look at. Mixed in among all that, was one lowly little unrestored Richenbacker. It was dirty, a bit rough, but looked like it might just clean up well enough to be a preservation vehicle. Except for the clean and shiny, it looked just like the one pictured above! Same body style, same color. Could it be?
It would be nice to know. I couldn't stay for the actual auction, and never heard if it sold, or for how much. Just one of the hundreds of cars that have crossed my path that I could have maybe had, and would have liked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

The fender less 21ish touring car, was that langs did it sell, what was the asking price, Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

Great stuff!
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

George - It was not at Lang's spot and I did not see a price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Keppler, Fredon NJ on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

The model A that Dan B posted pictures of in this thread, the price was $14,500. On Saturday the price dropped to $12,000. Did everyone see that car , I thought it was an awesome original car for $12,000 and I was surprised it didn't sell, am I wrong? Maybe if it were a convertible the price would have been higher?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Missett Wyoming, PA (NE) on Monday, October 09, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

I have the contact info on the 15 Touring with the white tires
Nice young man in business with his dad. Restoration business in NJ Specializing in Vintage Fords. Said he had 5 more T's at home. I have his business card. email etc.
Shoot me a pm if you have interest.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration