1910 Touring at Slotheby's Auction-Hershey

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1910 Touring at Slotheby's Auction-Hershey
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Nice looking '10. Not sure if the auction is actually AT Hershey Swap meet, or just at Hershey PA.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/model-t/2003384.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

It is almost too nice. Has E&J lights, so they are probably new Gilbert lights. I am not sure about the green chasis and wheel spokes. I would like to know the engine number. Looks like a trailer queen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

That head looks too smooth .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

Serial # if someone can get it, also Final Bid Please

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Very nice, but why the steering wheel up side down?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 04:25 pm:

Far too shiny for me, engine looks like its powder-coated. I think the green is too bright, Brewster Green is almost black. Upside down wheel, well, unless you're a tall man those early short columns are long streetch away from the seat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Now Now .....

Donít be too critical here .....

After all - it is Slothebyís we are talking about ...... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

That is one Beautiful car.
$$$$
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

being a 1910, "it is nearly a century old." !

But yeah, a nice car for sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

23554 is the engine number. I just took a quick look at the car as I had another car to look at before it crosses the block tonight. I didn't study it in detail, but it appears to have all of the right major pieces with the exception of the carburetor. Rear end, front end, transmission cover and engine all look real. A very nice restoration that was probably show quality when it was finished. Very nice and proper leather. Paint color is a little light, but still looks good. I would call this car is a a retired show pony that is ready to become a driver. It will make a nice car for someone, and, like so many cars, you can't restore one for what you can probably buy this one for. This one crosses the block tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 02:48 am:

Very nice car - too nice for me :-)
09-'10 had shorter steering columns than later years, so the flipped steering wheel is probably just for a better personal seating position for the owner. An extension on the throttle lever would help if the next owner also wants the wheel that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

I looked over the 1910 just before the auction. It really looks quite nice with mostly correct parts. I did forget to take an overall picture, sorry.

And just to show itís not perfect, the bows donít fit together correctly on the passenger side

Nice car, I agree the color is too light but there again so is mine ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Tony, what did the car sell for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Darel, the 1910 I saw today had wood spokes and according to the Encyclopedia, the chassis from July 1909 until at least October was Brewster Green. According to the same source, there was a man on the production line painting split pins as they were installed :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

still about 15 cars away from it at 8:35 et.
Probably wont sell until 10pm or so

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

watch live here

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/home/stay-connected

it is lot 268

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Olson on Friday, October 06, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Did anyone see what lot #271 went for? It's the 1926 Model T 2 door looks like a well restored car. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 02:00 am:

I fell in love with the 33 Duesy with d'leteren cabriolet body but I didn' buy a lottery ticket this week ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 02:13 am:

I think the '26 Tudor went for $10,500.
It looked to be absolutely perfect inside and out and had wire wheels to boot although I prefer wood spoke wheels on T's.
The bidding stalled at 9K but it was a charity car meaning all the proceeds would go the the aaca and elsewhere.
After a bit a cajoling by the auctioneer it went up $1500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry knouse on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 09:04 am:

1910 T sold for 60K plus 10% buyers premium. I also liked the 33 Duesy, but way out of my league.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Macky Mongold on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Does anyone know an easy way to get the paint code from this car? I would love to paint a car this shade of green.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration